The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Linda
Is it any good? Worth applying to for philosophy?

it looks good :biggrin:
Reply 2
Dublin is a great city, and the University is quite highly regarded.
Reply 3
Bigcnee
Dublin is a great city, and the University is quite highly regarded.

internationally as well?
Reply 4
Linda
internationally as well?

excellent reputation and you get an MA too. Dublin fab but expensive.
Reply 5
loopy2
excellent reputation and you get an MA too. Dublin fab but expensive.

Really? On their sire is says four year program, bachelor of arts in philosophy (BA not MA).

How expensive is uni there? Uni in the UK is about £9000 for me a year anyways... And Dublin is cheaper than Oslo.
Reply 6
Check your pm's.
Reply 7
Linda
Really? On their sire is says four year program, bachelor of arts in philosophy (BA not MA).

How expensive is uni there? Uni in the UK is about £9000 for me a year anyways... And Dublin is cheaper than Oslo.

Check out the expense side with an Irish website but maybe for you it's not a big deal as Oslo is expensive too.
Has great night life, great campus slap in centre of city and you can be by the sea or in the Dublin mountains within 20 minutes. Fifty percent of Irish population under 25!! And 3 other universities in Dublin.

MA comes automatically after 4 year course (same as at Oxford and Cambridge where you just pay i thinkits thirty pounds). If you want more info pm me.
Reply 8
loopy2
Check out the expense side with an Irish website but maybe for you it's not a big deal as Oslo is expensive too.
Has great night life, great campus slap in centre of city and you can be by the sea or in the Dublin mountains within 20 minutes. Fifty percent of Irish population under 25!! And 3 other universities in Dublin.

MA comes automatically after 4 year course (same as at Oxford and Cambridge where you just pay i thinkits thirty pounds). If you want more info pm me.

I'm pretty sure you just get a BA (that's what Trinity's website says anyway). To get an MA you have to do an additional year.
Reply 9
kildare
I'm pretty sure you just get a BA (that's what Trinity's website says anyway). To get an MA you have to do an additional year.

Beg to differ Kildare. All TCD courses (bar medecine etc) are 4 yrs. hence the MA. But like at Oxbridge I believe, you have to wait 3 year post graduation to apply to be MA'd..
Reply 10
Errrr......

http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/courses/course.php

CAO Code: TR005
Letters: Bachelor in Arts (Moderatorship (B.A. with honors))
Duration: 4 Years Full-time
Special Course Requirements: Contact Admissions Office

Apply to: CAO

???
Reply 11
kildare
Errrr......

http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/courses/course.php

CAO Code: TR005
Letters: Bachelor in Arts (Moderatorship (B.A. with honors))
Duration: 4 Years Full-time
Special Course Requirements: Contact Admissions Office

Apply to: CAO

???

can't you read? Loopy2 says you're awarded your MA a couple of years after you've completed your degree. I should know one of my parents has a Trinty MA
Reply 12
Eggy Hog
can't you read? Loopy2 says you're awarded your MA a couple of years after you've completed your degree. I should know one of my parents has a Trinty MA

Learn some common courtesy. Please.

Loopy: Fair enough about the three year thing, any idea if there is any offical mention of it anywhere?
Linda
Is it any good? Worth applying to for philosophy?

I'm an ancient Trinity graduate! Yes, it's a good university. Can't tell you too much about philosophy although I had a friend who studied it along with psychology all those years ago. It was then (maybe still is) known as the Faculty of Mental and Moral Science. He the got into designing software in the early eighties and made a fortune!

Dublin can be a very expensive city in which to live and until recently the University had relatively little accommodation of its own. But Trinity Hall has recently been extended considerably and they may now be in a position to offer accommodation to most Freshers. But it's a bit of a distance from College.

College Rooms are usually reserved for final year students. I had one in my fourth year (known as Senior Sophister). It means you are living right in the centre of Dublin. That should be even more exciting than in my time, which was before the Celtic Tiger and Dublin's reputation as a trendy city!!!
Reply 14
kildare
Learn some common courtesy. Please.

Loopy: Fair enough about the three year thing, any idea if there is any offical mention of it anywhere?

didn't mean to be rude but you had asked the same question a few times!
On the MA thing. I graduated in 1980 and have never bothered to get the MA.

Latest

Trending

Trending