The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL or Trinity College Dublin

hey! I'm an American holding offers from UCL and Trinity College Dublin. Academically, I consider both fairly equal (doing management and language at both). I'm more interested in what student life is like at each/how acclimating as an international student would be. I understand there's probably more UCL knowledge on here, so anything specific to that experience would be much appreciated!
ucl is WAY better and very highly ranked (8th in the world). london's been named the best student city in the world. however, tcd might be an option if you strongly prefer a quieter environment. student life at ucl is pretty active in terms of clubs, societies, parties etc and they have a lot of internationals (>50%) so you should have no problem fitting in
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
UCL obviously. I promise you that both are not "fairly equal". TCD is a good European university, but nowhere near (despite its claims to be) the level of the top prestigious universities (UCL, Oxbridge, Ivy League, etc.). You would be really stupid to not go to UCL, unless you would really prefer to live in Dublin. If so, TCD is still a really good university. I can't really speak to London, as I am from Dublin, but Dublin is much much smaller. Rent is probably the same which sucks. There are a tonne of Americans here and they generally stick with each other as Irish/British people are very different from the much louder, much more confident Americans... Regardless, there are lots of Americans at TCD (and my university, UCD, for that matter). Me personally, I would prefer Dublin over London as it's just smaller and more compact, although there are less clubs I presume and stuff like that. But everybody generally goes to the same few clubs and it's a nice city imo. But is all of that worth dropping the opportunity to go to UCL? Idk...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending