The Student Room Group
Yeah, Virgin is the best. The rest are crap.
Reply 2
orange is the best network.

You can drop pay as you go accounts whenever you want, because theres no contract. The phone might be locked though if you bought it from a network.
Reply 3
a_musical_guy
Yeah, Virgin is the best. The rest are crap.

Just clicked on your link, hmmm, where am I? Is it written in invisible text?
Reply 4
Get orange pay as you go if you text a lot. You can get the text package where you pay £20 with that you get £5 credit, and then you get 5 free texts a day for a year. It works out pretty cheap. otherwise Virgin is pretty average for pay as you go but their customer services are very good, if you spend over a certain amount a month you get a bonus the next month and if you have a friend on a virgin mobile its 5p per text to text them. Also if you register online you get free itemised billing online.
Reply 5
T-Mobile is cheapest for calls, if you put 20 quid or more on top ups, then all your call charges are 10p a minute, regardless of whom you call, what network they are on, or what time of day. Yes 10p at all times!!!!
Bhaal85
Just clicked on your link, hmmm, where am I? Is it written in invisible text?

Yep, just under Adhsur. :rolleyes:

With Virgin though, you never have to topup and calls are just 15p for the first 5 minutes, then 5p for the rest of the day. Also, Virgin give you free voicemail, very cheap text messages and free 0800 numbers to charities etc.
Reply 7
if u need more cross-network minute, then 3G is the one u need

vodafone is just a crap network.. charging more and more
Reply 8
a_musical_guy
Yep, just under Adhsur. :rolleyes:

With Virgin though, you never have to topup and calls are just 15p for the first 5 minutes, then 5p for the rest of the day. Also, Virgin give you free voicemail, very cheap text messages and free 0800 numbers to charities etc.

Yes, but its only to other Virgin mobiles and landlines. There is another seperate charge if you ring other networks. I work in a phone shop, so it does help. :rolleyes:

btw Nope cant find my name there. *sigh*
Reply 9
viviki
Get orange pay as you go if you text a lot. You can get the text package where you pay £20 with that you get £5 credit, and then you get 5 free texts a day for a year. It works out pretty cheap. otherwise Virgin is pretty average for pay as you go but there customer services are very good, if you spend over a certain amount a month you get a bonus the next month and if you have a friend on a virgin mobile its 5p per text to text them. Also if you register online you get free itemised billing online.

well, i wuld like to tell u something about their costumer service....

i had a problem with my billing thingy..........they had charged me 2.60 quid for a call that i never made...ie, that call was never recieved...it wsa a missed call.
And they are sticking on to the fact that i made that call.
Can i do something ???
Reply 10
if you don't talk much go for virgin, otherwise o2 or orange...

t-mobile if you talk a lot (£20+ a month)#

not sure about vodafone... they've made astonishing profits last year, but believe me that doesn't mean they are good, :wink:
Reply 11
prince_capri
well, i wuld like to tell u something about their costumer service....

i had a problem with my billing thingy..........they had charged me 2.60 quid for a call that i never made...ie, that call was never recieved...it wsa a missed call.
And they are sticking on to the fact that i made that call.
Can i do something ???

Not really no, you can try to dispute it and refuse to pay but they will prob stick to their story. Get one of your parents to ring up and speak to a supervisor at their customer services. I still get my dad to ring if I ring and dont get anywhere.
Reply 12
viviki
Not really no, you can try to dispute it and refuse to pay but they will prob stick to their story. Get one of your parents to ring up and speak to a supervisor at their customer services. I still get my dad to ring if I ring and dont get anywhere.

the problem is that i had a pay as u go connection...and since it deletes the credit side by side,and so, i cannot really get a refund...........
Reply 13
They can reimburse you pay as you go minutes onto your phone. They can just do it electronically but you would need an itemised bill to prove it.
Reply 14
viviki
They can reimburse you pay as you go minutes onto your phone. They can just do it electronically but you would need an itemised bill to prove it.

well, so what should i ask them to do ???
Reply 15
viviki

so what should i ask them to do ???
Reply 16
prince_capri
hey is virgin network for mobile phones is good ???
Which is the best one ???
Can i give it up if i have a pay as u go !!!

t-mobile if your gonna make lots of calls

O2 if your gonna use text alot (300 free per month)
Reply 17
corey
t-mobile if your gonna make lots of calls

O2 if your gonna use text alot (300 free per month)

thanx a lot..but can i switch the network easily ???

Latest

Trending

Trending