The Student Room Group

Wrote wrong candidate name on GCSE exans help!

Okay so I just wrote my name on all my exams like I've been writing it since forever. Which is first name and then surname. After Finishing my GCSE's I realized I had been registered as Surname first and then first name;an example would be my name is Ryan George but the school registered me as George Ryan. The rest of my details were accurate like candidate name and number. I'm I screwed?:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone? Please I'm really stressed out! Anyone did a similar mistake?
Reply 2
Seriously? Nobody?
Reply 3
It's fine, that's the point of the candidate name / number. There's redundancy built-in for cases like this in mind :wink:

You can try call up your school (or the exam board) for peace of mind, though.
Reply 4
Everything will be fine. You're not meant to put your surname before your forename on your GCSE paper anyway since I last remembered.

Even if so, that's the REASON they have those numbers and othe random ****. If something is wrong they find out who you are with that.
Reply 5
Axel BD
Everything will be fine. You're not meant to put your surname before your forename on your GCSE paper anyway since I last remembered.

Even if so, that's the REASON they have those numbers and othe random ****. If something is wrong they find out who you are with that.

Yes I'm aware of that but my stupid school registers Surname first apparently.:frown: It's got me stressed.:frown:
Reply 6
Vampire90210
Okay so I just wrote my name on all my exams like I've been writing it since forever. Which is first name and then surname. After Finishing my GCSE's I realized I had been registered as Surname first and then first name;an example would be my name is Ryan George but the school registered me as George Ryan. The rest of my details were accurate like candidate name and number. I'm I screwed?:frown:

It doesnt matter....my signature was different in the paper but I still got my correct results....what matters is your candidate number and your centre number. Thats it! :smile:

Dont worry..just chill and relax! :smile:
Reply 7
Vampire90210
Yes I'm aware of that but my stupid school registers Surname first apparently.:frown: It's got me stressed.:frown:

Don't worry, that's why you are made to write your candidate number on every page.
Reply 8
Actually it doesn't matter if your candidate number is correct so long as the other boxes are, as I accidentally put my old candidate number from GCSE on my January AS papers, and nothing happened.
You'll be fine! They don't care about your name - they use the candidate and centre number.
Reply 10
They'lll go by your reference number, dont worry about it, theres not much point in even putting your name, its the candidate number they'd use for admin.
If your candidate number is right then you're OK.
Reply 12
The Candidate number is for admin but also for a dual redundancy purpose. Between your name, center number and candidate number if you have any combination of these wrong then they can hopefully still trace you
Reply 13
Vampire90210
Seriously? Nobody?

I understand you're anxious but you can't expect an answer only a few minutes after you've created the thread. Especially not at 6AM.

As others have said, it shouldn't matter. Providing every other detail was correct (including candidate number and centre) they'll still be able to trace you.

If this thread doesn't allay your fears then it might be worth speaking to the head of GCSEs (by this, I mean the teacher at your school who has the responsiblity for doing the admin and organisation side of GCSE exams and communicating with exam boards when necessary - all schools should have one).
The papers say which way round to put it dont they?
like sometimes they have Surname: then Other Names:
Or the other way round, either way that's why they have the candidate number because it doesnt change, I change my signature quite a lot so it's harder to forge so it looks different on a lot of exam papers
Vampire90210

Basically All schools register surname first by the way
The invigilators check all the info on the front before the scripts go off anyway
Reply 17
Vampire90210

Don't worry, as long as you wrote the candidate number correctly. if you are that worried, inform your teachers and they will inform the individual exam baord. Or go to the exams office (if you have one) :smile:
sandeep90
If your candidate number is right then you're OK.

I don't get the picture in your sig and it really bugs me. Help me please? :o:
Reply 19
polaroid13
I don't get the picture in your sig and it really bugs me. Help me please? :o:

Ditto. Halp plx.

Quick Reply

Latest