The Student Room Group

Put the wrong candidate number for a levels

help !! after I got home today I realised I had put the wrong candidate number for todays exam and one last week, am I screwed????
what happens if its sent off with the wrong candidate number?
Original post by ofgrace15
help !! after I got home today I realised I had put the wrong candidate number for todays exam and one last week, am I screwed????
what happens if its sent off with the wrong candidate number?

You'd be surprised at how often this happens. First, don't worry.

The invigilator has a note of the name and candidate number of every one in the room. As part of the process of packaging-up the papers before sending them off to the exam board, they check the front cover (which has your candidate number on it) to ensure it tallies with what's on their sheet. If it doesn't, they'll correct it. I assume you got your name right? :wink:

(BTW, making corrections to the front cover is all they're allowed to do - they're not even allowed to open the answer booklet.)

If you're still worried, contact your school/college. It wouldn't surprised me if they need to record the fact that they've made such an amendment, so they might be able to give you some peace of mind that it was successfully spotted and corrected.
At my college they have multiple people check over all the details on every paper before sending them off, and anything incorrect/missing they just add correctly. I'd assume it'd be similar at other colleges, but talk to your exam officer if you're concerned (I'm sure it will be fine :smile:)
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
You'd be surprised at how often this happens. First, don't worry.

The invigilator has a note of the name and candidate number of every one in the room. As part of the process of packaging-up the papers before sending them off to the exam board, they check the front cover (which has your candidate number on it) to ensure it tallies with what's on their sheet. If it doesn't, they'll correct it. I assume you got your name right? :wink:

(BTW, making corrections to the front cover is all they're allowed to do - they're not even allowed to open the answer booklet.)

If you're still worried, contact your school/college. It wouldn't surprised me if they need to record the fact that they've made such an amendment, so they might be able to give you some peace of mind that it was successfully spotted and corrected.

Hi yes I did put my name and centre number correctly, the candidate number I mixed up two numbers so it was very similar but hopefully they spotted it, thank you so much for the advice!! :smile:
Do you know what happens if potentially the exam did get sent off with an error? just hypothetically..
Original post by ofgrace15
Hi yes I did put my name and centre number correctly, the candidate number I mixed up two numbers so it was very similar but hopefully they spotted it, thank you so much for the advice!! :smile:
Do you know what happens if potentially the exam did get sent off with an error? just hypothetically..

Even if your college didn't pick up on it (which is unlikely, because they're told to be very thorough and have multiple people checking it) I think it's highly likely the exam board would be able to gather who you are from the information.
Reply 5
Original post by Labradoodle1
Even if your college didn't pick up on it (which is unlikely, because they're told to be very thorough and have multiple people checking it) I think it's highly likely the exam board would be able to gather who you are from the information.

okay thank you sm !! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest