The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

HEFP Law at Warwickshire College

Can anyone tell me about the course?

I heard rumors about the passing rate is low, and Warwick does NOT guarantee an LLB after the foundation programme.

Is it true that i have to apply for warwick through UCAS if I was emitted in the HEFP programe?

How is it recognised? I am from HK. I do wish to study British Law & HK Law in KCL. Is it likely to use my HEFP results to get an offer?

THANKS A LOT
wu30

I heard rumors about the passing rate is low, and Warwick does NOT guarantee an LLB after the foundation programme.

Is it true that i have to apply for warwick through UCAS if I was emitted in the HEFP programe?

How is it recognised? I am from HK. I do wish to study British Law & HK Law in KCL. Is it likely to use my HEFP results to get an offer?

THANKS A LOT

errrm. warwickshire college? you're not getting confused between that and warwick uni. as far as i know, they're separate entities. one deals with pre-uni education, the other is a university...
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
are they connected? Warwick's uni foundation program , a.k.a. HEFP are taught at warwickshire..
wu30

THANKS A LOT

I just finished the course this June, so I suppose I can share what I know. First, this foundation course is only for international students, so it may not be known by those who are doing A-levels/ IB in the UK.

About the passing rate, I don't know about this year's figure because the exam results haven't come out yet, but last year all Hong Kong students got back to Warwick , and one went to UCL. Of course, it depends on how much effort you put throughout the course --- there is NO guarantee!!!

You're right about UCAS.

PM me if you want to know more.
Reply 4
benjamin1228
I just finished the course this June, so I suppose I can share what I know. First, this foundation course is only for international students, so it may not be known by those who are doing A-levels/ IB in the UK.

About the passing rate, I don't know about this year's figure because the exam results haven't come out yet, but last year all Hong Kong students got back to Warwick , and one went to UCL. Of course, it depends on how much effort you put throughout the course --- there is NO guarantee!!!

You're right about UCAS.

PM me if you want to know more.

please check inbox , i seriously want to know more about this course, as i just got the offer few days ago and will be studiyng in Warwickshire college in 6 weeeks
Reply 5
Original post by wu30
please check inbox , i seriously want to know more about this course, as i just got the offer few days ago and will be studiyng in Warwickshire college in 6 weeeks

Hello wu30,

I was curious if youre attending the HEFP this year? If so I would like to get some information about it as I got accepted into the law program.

How is the program overall? What is the average requirement from Warwick uni to accept students from the HEFP law?

If you already took exams how were they? Is it easy to do well if you study well ? As I heard it's generally a hard grade to maintain?

Also, if anyone else has knowledge of the HEFP law course please do reply!

Many thanks
Reply 6
Original post by wu30

THANKS A LOT

I think it is unlikely for you to get an offer from the dual LLB programme as you would have to apply for the course through UCAS and non-JUPAS at the same time. I don't think HKU will admit any students from a foundation course.

Quick Reply

Latest