The Student Room Group
Reply 1
apply for the year starting? yes definitely. you can apply for 2006 entry from about now onwards, you have about a month before the deadline.
You have until October 15th to apply for 2006 entry :smile:
Reply 3
Still plenty of time - I only decided to apply for definite a little over a week before the deadline! (2 years ago)
Reply 4
yep plenty of time... unless so have somehow managed to already sumbit your application to Oxford in another subject already.. then that might be a bit tricky
Reply 5
you are definitely not too late to apply. Im surprised people are this early even, my school hasnt mentioned anything about ucas forms and personal statements!
Have most of the people applying this year already sorted out the applications?
Are you supposed to know and do all this stuff yourself?
Reply 6
you're not too late - although lots of people have sent in their ucas and oxbridge forms already. ask your personal tutor to help you with relevant forms, college choice etc cos it might be a bit confusing if you hadn't considered applying to oxbridge before now. good luck, pheebs xxx
Reply 7
I come from a school who usually has oxbridge applicants, and im not even close to sending mine off- dont worry, there's plenty of time.....i hope!
perkyDani
you are definitely not too late to apply. Im surprised people are this early even, my school hasnt mentioned anything about ucas forms and personal statements!

I've completed my UCAS form on UCASApply, now my form tutor is thinking about my reference hopefully! But we started well before the summer hols. I've also downloaded and filled in most of the CAF just because I had some free time which I was bored in.
No, it's not too late, but you'll need to choose a college and get hold of the CAF pretty soon. Your reference will also have to be one of the first written. The deadline is October 15th.
Reply 10
I've completed my UCAS form and sent it in to my referee, who then informed me that she hadn't done it, and in any case I needed to fill in a form about myself before she could write my reference, and then I would have to go to the school paper-shuffler to get my 'full' reference, but if I go in on Thursday she could probably let me see her bit of the reference.

Our school wants us to have all our bits and pieces in by September 20th if we're doing Oxbridge, but don't take into consideration that we might want them to do their bit as well. Ugh. I started my ps before the summer hols and only liked what I had two days ago.

BUT my school also has people who have just decided on Oxbridge. It just means that you have to make decisions rather faster.
Reply 11
The deadline is October 15th

there's plenty of time

you're not too late

you are definitely not too late to apply

yep plenty of time...

Still plenty of time

You have until October 15th to apply for 2006 entry

yes definitely. you can apply for 2006 entry from about now onwards

hope you got the message! :biggrin:
Reply 12
tha CAF? whats that?
Reply 13
perkyDani

We started doing most of this stuff justa fter AS. Technically you were supposed to have everything done, (universities chosen and final personal statement) by the first day of term but it was just something they said. however by this stage you should have done the odd draft at least and have a shortlist of unis to apply to
Reply 14
two things
a) CAF - cambridghe application form, an extra form that must be filled in and posted off to cambridge complete with a tenner. Similar information to UCAS form
b) teachers tend not to want to let you see the reference, it used to be confidential until the DPA came into force and now you can request it from ucas
Reply 15
You should read your teachers references.... mine was fantastic, but one teacher bitched in the note my head of year used to write my reference... so i went and told her off.

I never expected to get in when i applied so it was all much of a muchness.

Latest

Trending

Trending