The Student Room Group

changed mind about gap year.

I'm in year 13 and i may have changed my mind about a gap year. I didn't do my application as I had a lot of stress about it and thought a year out to think it over would help and it took me ages to get on my feet if that is the right term. But I know what i want to do now but the problem is it's too late to apply. If there is a way to apply last minute I wouldn't have many options since I have bad predicted grades (D, D, B. Although I would like to say class tests have been a lot better than this.) Is there anything I can do? Apply outside of my school or go through clearing? or is it too late now to change my mind?
Original post by keira2612
I'm in year 13 and i may have changed my mind about a gap year. I didn't do my application as I had a lot of stress about it and thought a year out to think it over would help and it took me ages to get on my feet if that is the right term. But I know what i want to do now but the problem is it's too late to apply. If there is a way to apply last minute I wouldn't have many options since I have bad predicted grades (D, D, B. Although I would like to say class tests have been a lot better than this.) Is there anything I can do? Apply outside of my school or go through clearing? or is it too late now to change my mind?

It’s not too late to apply. The deadline is weeks away and most courses will still be open after then.

You need a normal ucas application to use clearing - instead of second guessing yourself about predicted grades talk to your school/colleges tomorrow to see if they will be able to add your reference (and what predicted grades they will use) before the deadline and get an application in!

if you don’t get any offers from your original 5 choices then there’s ucas extra and clearing but applying before the deadline will maximise your chances of an offer
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
You have the 31st of Jan deadline, but I would crack on with the personal statement and get as much help as you can from the teachers.
Also go to a website called what uni, put in your grades, and what course you are after and it filters out the unis which will accept those grades/ucas points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending