The Student Room Group

How late can you apply for student finance.

I know everyone says to apply now. But I’m not sure I want to go uni yet. I’m currently on a gap year since July 2023, and have a few things that I’m doing that I’m enjoying, but if my current goal doesn’t get achieved I’d like to go to uni. But I’m worried if I apply for student finance in August that I’ll be accepted too late. If I get accepted late what happens?? Is it even possible to apply this late thanks.
Original post by Alex071
I know everyone says to apply now. But I’m not sure I want to go uni yet. I’m currently on a gap year since July 2023, and have a few things that I’m doing that I’m enjoying, but if my current goal doesn’t get achieved I’d like to go to uni. But I’m worried if I apply for student finance in August that I’ll be accepted too late. If I get accepted late what happens?? Is it even possible to apply this late thanks.

In all my years of applying for student finance, I’ve always done it later than I should’ve (pretty sure it’s been around July time). I got it sorted quite quickly with minimal issues, but it caused me a lot of stress. Reckon you’d be fine applying that late, but things can change so don’t take my word for it.
Original post by Alex071

It depends on whether you have the savings to fund yourself through the first weeks-months without a maintenance loan.

If you don’t then apply now so you’re guaranteed payment for the start of your course.

If you choose not to go then not a penny will be paid and it’s easy to cancel (with no impact if you reapply later on).

Generally: unless you’re rich it’s better to apply before the end of April if there’s any possibility that you’re going to university this year.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
It depends on whether you have the savings to fund yourself through the first weeks-months without a maintenance loan.
If you don’t then apply now so you’re guaranteed payment for the start of your course.
If you choose not to go then not a penny will be paid and it’s easy to cancel (with no impact if you reapply later on).
Generally: unless you’re rich it’s better to apply before the end of April if there’s any possibility that you’re going to university this year.

Hi thanks for reply, if its easy to cancel then ill apply soon thank you, you've been very helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending