The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi, do you mean for the main bodies of work or the controlled test given later?

For the main part we got to choose whatever we wanted to write about.
Then there was a thesis that my tutor advised could be somehow related to the main work. My main work was on "experimentation with light within photography" so for my thesis I wrote about an artist who works in that area, emailing him interview questions and researching his techniques etc.
Then there was the controlled test which was the same as for AS, a choice of about 7 subjects to study over the last 4 weeks. Hope that helps and wasnt too late!
Good luck :smile:
Hey, I did photography at A2 on AQA as well as fine art - all art subjects have to do this essay

First of all : Your introduction. Outline your project theme, include some research and talk about why you chose it

Throughout the essay you need to talk about what you did in your project, why you did it, and how it links in with your project theme - why is it relevant? what elements of your chosen artists/photographers does it reflect? - you should analyse a couple of photographs/paintings/any other source of inspiration in your essay too. I analysed ten but that's only because my project was very rich in the history of art.

It's like a large scale evaluation really. Start at the beginning of your project and asses it all the way through, mentioning how your work developed, why you did what you did, and how that helped you onto your next stage of the project.

It really is simple and nothing to stress about :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah it's for the main bodies. I think x-lolarose-x has hit on the nail what I was talking about. I don't think we've been asked to do write something specific, just a general essay about our work.

Thanks guys. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending