The Student Room Group

I hate everything about A Level Geography (Edexcel) help me fall back in love with it

I adored geography at GCSE (AQA) and came out with a 9 with minimal effort and little to no revision.
Here I am now, 2 months into year 13 absolutely distraught with this course. my true passions lie with art, my other subjects are Graphics and Art - so why am I struggling so much with the only subject i have to study for?
If anyone else is feeling the same way or has any advice i'd be so grateful. i need to start loving geography again before exams come around...
Reply 1
I had a similar experience with photography. I did alright at GCSE-level photography, but slowly got worse when I did A-level photography. That was because of multiple factors, including hating the other four people on the course, having utterly stupid tasks to do and wishing I was doing something else with my life entirely. When it comes to geography, why did you enjoy it when you were doing your GCSEs, and why aren't you now? Is it just because of the increased difficulty?
(edited 3 months ago)
Is A level geography really difficult?!?! I am currently predicted grade 8 in geography GCSE, also AQA... Is the A level bad because I really love geography since i'm good at it... I picked A level computer science too hopefully it wont be double torture :frown:
Original post by jelly-fishes
Is A level geography really difficult?!?! I am currently predicted grade 8 in geography GCSE, also AQA... Is the A level bad because I really love geography since i'm good at it... I picked A level computer science too hopefully it wont be double torture :frown:

It's not bad. Just make sure to start your coursework the minute your teacher gives it to you. Do your work, practice essays and you should be alright. Its challenging, but so are all A-levels. Do not be put off

Quick Reply

Latest