The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Catalonia. :ahee:
Tokyo. Or in Whistler/Blackcomb in Canada and spend the rest of my life snowboarding *droools*
Hmmm, if I were in my late 20s, early 30s, I guess I'd love to move to New York or London... With a family then maybe upstate New York or Boston, Massachusetts, or Sweden.
To retire... Iceland, or Nova Scotia, Canada. (:
Reply 23
ladyhoot
Good to know I'm not alone in my itchy-footed madness...

By the way, I think I recognise your username... in which case, how did you do in AH Chem? :smile:

Haha yeah you do! I got a C :s

Did absolutely no work though, unconditional offers are total motivation killers!

You?
Reply 24
acas13
Haha yeah you do! I got a C :s

Did absolutely no work though, unconditional offers are total motivation killers!

You?

They so are! I got lovely Bs for AH English and Biology, C in Physics and a well-deserved F in Art. :p:
After Uni: London
30s: Berlin
Middle age: Munich
Retirement: South of France
Reply 26
ladyhoot
They so are! I got lovely Bs for AH English and Biology, C in Physics and a well-deserved F in Art. :p:

I got B's for English and Bio too :smile:

Was quite delighted with english!
Reply 27
acas13
I was thinking about this today, and came to the conclusion that it would depend on your age/ circumstances... for me

No kids (say 20's?) I would LOVE to live in San Francisco

With a family (30's/40's) Would want to be near my Mum, so scotland, probably somewhere rural

Retirement? No idea!

DUBAI
SPAIN OR
AUSTRALIA foreverrrrrrrrrr
Reply 28
New York.
Reply 29
Whistler, Massachusetts or Hong Kong I think :smile:
Inner Sunset, San Francisco. Preferably somewhere just round the corner from 9th and Irving.

Asap, please.

If I could speak the language I would love to live in Copenhagen, Hamburg, Berlin or Stockholm but I think the language barrier would be too great to live there.
Reply 31
WoWZa
The US is very appealing. Somewhere like Florida or Los Angeles perhaps.

Be very careful where in the US you go to; I've got family in Virginia and Indiana, as well as friends in Georgia and it's just so boring and bland. A "short" drive for them is 75 miles and they think nothing of it, the distances between places is mindbending.

Mind you, NYC is pretty sweet and there's a lot to offer in Florida if you can put up with the heat. I've never been to Texas but it's supposed to be brilliant as well.

Back on topic - I'd most likely stay in the UK. There's no place like home, and if I go abroad I feel like I'm on holiday so settling into a normal life, getting up to go to work etc. wouldn't go too well.
Hmm, I'd probably like to live in New York until I'm in my fourties or something and then move to a rural part of New York State so I could commute into the city. :biggrin:
Slicksomnia
At this age, San Diego, London, Berlin, Perth or Barcelona.

Slightly Older (30s)- New York, London, Chicago, Dubai.. etc

With a Family & Retirement - Rural England

Dubai? Why? :lolwut:
God, I can't pick one place. I want to travel EVERYWHERE.

There's loads of European cities I imagine I would love though I've never been- Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna.

I really want to live in Thailand for a bit doing development work as well, and I'm DYING to see India.
Reply 35
Canada
Reply 36
i'd love to live in beverly hills, 90211 region or malibu in a beach front property. :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 37
ch0llima
Be very careful where in the US you go to; I've got family in Virginia and Indiana, as well as friends in Georgia and it's just so boring and bland. A "short" drive for them is 75 miles and they think nothing of it, the distances between places is mindbending.

At the same time, I have family in West Virginia and it's incredible. They live in the Shenandoah area and the sheer variety of things you can do without going further than a mile is 'mindbending'. Canoeing, zipwires, the driving is amazing.

Then again, this is Uncle Dave's 'house'...
http://www.loghomesmag.com/a-weekend-home-in-western-virginia-photos/articles/3091
Reply 38
BenjyUK
At the same time, I have family in West Virginia and it's incredible. They live in the Shenandoah area and the sheer variety of things you can do without going further than a mile is 'mindbending'. Canoeing, zipwires, the driving is amazing.

Then again, this is Uncle Dave's 'house'...
http://www.loghomesmag.com/a-weekend-home-in-western-virginia-photos/articles/3091

Wow! And thats their weekend place...? Where do they live in the week!!!?
Reply 39
For my 20's.. Probably Split in Croatia
for later on in life... a more rural setting in either Croatia, Italy or Greece... I love the med!

Latest

Trending

Trending