The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I can't believe people can be so callous.

Regardless of what you think, people are still dying. If you know you can help someone, why don't you help? If you're not going to help, fine, but there's no need for you to be a prick about it. This is to alert people about the disaster and let people know how to donate. It is not a political discussion.
Reply 61
Jingers
I can't believe people can be so callous.

Regardless of what you think, people are still dying. If you know you can help someone, why don't you help? If you're not going to help, fine, but there's no need for you to be a prick about it. This is to alert people about the disaster and let people know how to donate. It is not a political discussion.
So you're directly asking us why we don't want to help and then calling us pricks for telling you why? :rolleyes:

The simple truth of it is that I don't care about the vast majority of the 7 billion people on this planet. That some of those people in a country I already dislike happen to be hit by a flood doesn't make me care any more than I did before.
Reply 62
Logi
So you're directly asking us why we don't want to help and then calling us pricks for telling you why? :rolleyes:

The simple truth of it is that I don't care about the vast majority of the 7 billion people on this planet. That some of those people in a country I already dislike happen to be hit by a flood doesn't make me care any more than I did before.

It's a rhetorical question.

You should care.
The few comments on this thread are the most pathetic I've seen this year.. How can someone be so cruel... Its sad..
Reply 64
I'm not donating. The British Government is donating £5m on my behalf.
Sucks to be those guys I guess.
Reply 65
mel0n
:facepalm: You're a fail. Let's hypothetically say a flood or something hit the country you live in. There are 7 billion people in this world. I'm sure you'd love people saying you're one of the 'least valuable people to humankind' when you're homeless and starving without any clothes :h: :h: :h: :h: :h: Have fun.

Western/European countries have contributed far more to humanity than any Asian/Eastern country has and this is still true today, that the West holds up the rest of the world. Why do you think it is the West and the EU that are giving so much in foreign aid to other countries and not the other way round?
Reply 66
Broderss
Western/European countries have contributed far more to humanity than any Asian/Eastern country has and this is still true today, that the West holds up the rest of the world. Why do you think it is the West and the EU that are giving so much in foreign aid to other countries and not the other way round?

Because a lot of the time they HAVE more to give than the other countries. A lot of Asian countries and African countries etc have just enough to live on, maybe a bit extra than is needed but Western countries may often have surplus amount that can be given to the other countries without worrying about not having enough themselves.
Reply 67
LOL @ Zardari. Chilling with Cameron. Millions dying - doesnt give a ****.

Sad.
Reply 68
Jingers
It's a rhetorical question.

You should care.
Why should I? Do you donate all the money besides what you need for the bare neccessities of survival to charity? No? Because you just don't care enough.
Reply 69
mel0n
Because a lot of the time they HAVE more to give than the other countries. A lot of Asian countries and African countries etc have just enough to live on, maybe a bit extra than is needed but Western countries may often have surplus amount that can be given to the other countries without worrying about not having enough themselves.

And not being able to survive well on their own makes them more valuable to humankind?
Reply 70
drAyaan
LOL @ Zardari. Chilling with Cameron. Millions dying - doesnt give a ****.

Sad.

Millions dying yeah?

The death toll is 1600.
Reply 71
Logi
Why should I? Do you donate all the money besides what you need for the bare neccessities of survival to charity? No? Because you just don't care enough.

No, I don't. It's not a case of not caring enough. It's a case of helping people. Regardless of who you help, you're still potentially saving lives which is infinitely better than your apathy.

snm
It's dreadful but not all bad. Terrorists are being killed and overpopulation is being reduced.
Reply 73
Tefhel
I'm not donating. The British Government is donating £5m on my behalf.
Sucks to be those guys I guess.

Thanks for that useful reply and great show of humanitarian concern. :rolleyes: And the government is giving £5m just on your behalf? Or on the behalf of the ~63m population?

I will be donating tomorrow when I'm in town OP. Thanks for reminding me. :smile:

mel0n
[Replying to Broderss]

Don't argue with the bigot. There's no point lol.
Reply 74
DJkG.1
I'll be sure to give a pound from your side.

Thanks, that's nice of you :smile:
Reply 75
Broderss
Millions dying yeah?

The death toll is 1600.

14 million people are displaced.
just in two provinces..its not over yet.
Reply 76
Broderss
And not being able to survive well on their own makes them more valuable to humankind?

:facepalm: You deserve a slap. A neg at midnight will have to do as long as I remember :colonhash:
Reply 77
DJkG.1

Don't argue with the bigot. There's no point lol.

I gathered, finally :o:

I can't believe people are so... cold. :s-smilie:
Reply 78
Someone donate a pound for me; I have no money. Thanks! :top:
Reply 79
It must suck =/
I'll be donating later on this month.

Latest

Trending

Trending