The Student Room Group

Pakistan 2 year B.Sc

Hi Team, I have studied a 2 year B.Sc in pakistan and completed this course.

I am now a uk citizenship, and wish to study a bsc here as I think my 2year only bsc in pakistan is not recognised.

I applied for student finance last year but I did not receive any funding and was told that my current qualification is equivalent to what I am applying to study.

Please advise is a 2 year B.Sc from Pakistan equivalent to a 3 year B.Sc in UK or 2 year out of 3 years bsc in the UK.
Original post by U.ahmed1
Hi Team, I have studied a 2 year B.Sc in pakistan and completed this course.

I am now a uk citizenship, and wish to study a bsc here as I think my 2year only bsc in pakistan is not recognised.

I applied for student finance last year but I did not receive any funding and was told that my current qualification is equivalent to what I am applying to study.

Please advise is a 2 year B.Sc from Pakistan equivalent to a 3 year B.Sc in UK or 2 year out of 3 years bsc in the UK.

Hi there,

All previous study classed as higher education from anywhere in the world is taken into consideration and can affect a students entitlement. The assessors look at the previous years studied to determine a students eligibility.

If a qualification is deemed to be the equivalent or higher level to a course a student is applying for then standard Previous Study and ELQ rules will apply and if you previously gained a qualification then you wouldn't be eligible.

Assessors carry out their own research to determine this. However, if a student feels their qualification is not on the same level as the assessors have advised you would need to consult UK ENIC. You may then be entitled to funding if this shows your previous study is actually considered as a lower level qualification that what you gained. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending