The Student Room Group

Medical malpractice insurance/indemnity

Urgent Query!!

Hello, I’m a final year medical student in pakistan and I’ve been accepted for six weeks medical elective at Kings College London. They’ve asked me to provide medical malpractice insurance/indemnity cover for my elective duration. Does anybody has any idea about private insurance providers in the UK as MDU/MDDUS/MPS all said they don’t cover overseas students.
What cover do you have locally in Pakistan and does this cover (or can it be extended to cover) your placement in the UK?

There is no point in buying an individual Policy in the UK as it will be a claims made Policy which means you’d need to keep the Policy in force for many years after your placement has ended which means it would financially unviable and just not available.
As students we are not allowed to practice (as long as we don’t have a medical practicing license that we can only have once we graduate) and we are only learning, hence we don’t get any insurance cover as medical students in Pakistan.

I told this to the admissions team at kings and they have advised me to get it done privately. So if you know of any insurance company in the UK that could provide cover (I’m ready to pay the amount) as my electives is gonna commence on 10th October 2022 and I need to provide them the proof of insurance before that!
Original post by Flojo17
What cover do you have locally in Pakistan and does this cover (or can it be extended to cover) your placement in the UK?

There is no point in buying an individual Policy in the UK as it will be a claims made Policy which means you’d need to keep the Policy in force for many years after your placement has ended which means it would financially unviable and just not available.

As students we are not allowed to practice (as long as we don’t have a medical practicing license that we can only have once we graduate) and we are only learning, hence we don’t get any insurance cover as medical students in Pakistan.

I told this to the admissions team at kings and they have advised me to get it done privately. So if you know of any insurance company in the UK that could provide cover (I’m ready to pay the amount) as my electives is gonna commence on 10th October 2022 and I need to provide them the proof of insurance before that!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Hello, did you manage to find any company?
I am in the same situation and they require it within a week unfortunately :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending