The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Best network for mobile phone reception in Canterbury

I'm on the Three network and rarely get 3G reception in Canterbury, especially on the UKC campus. Is there any one particular network that gets good 3G reception in Canterbury, or are they all roughly the same?
Reply 1
i've never had a problem with o2, i always have 3G when i'm not using campus wifi. Vodafone isn't brilliant as my friend doesn't always have reception. With orange and t-mobile teaming up, you shouldn't have a problem with them either.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
when i went down to visit orange worked fine! :smile:
Reply 3
c2010
when i went down to visit orange worked fine! :smile:

Ditto! Plus... Orange Wednesday!
Reply 4
mercynova

I wish I could switch to Orange for Orange Wednesdays :frown: but I'm stuck with vodaphone until jan 2012.. **** my life.
Reply 5
mercynova

ahh yes!! I'd forgotten about that even though i used to literally every wednesday! :smile:
Reply 6
Hey, I know this thread is ole but can anyone update me as to the current network situation of mobile networks on the Canterbury campus(UKC).

Vodafone seems to have the best sim-only plans, so hows the network on campus?
Reply 7
I'm with O2 - it seems to be the most reliable at Kent for me. However, this may have changed since Orange and T-Mobile have merged their signal - there's may be better now.

Whilst Vodafone are good for sim only deals I'd recommend 'giffgaff' - it runs on the O2 network and is actually owned by them too. It's tricky to explain but it's a PAYG / Contract hybrid and is pretty good value, flexible and doesn't involve signing 12/24/36 month contracts. It's worth a go, especially if you want flexibility.
Reply 8
Original post by ehdoubleyou
I'm with O2 - it seems to be the most reliable at Kent for me. However, this may have changed since Orange and T-Mobile have merged their signal - there's may be better now.

Whilst Vodafone are good for sim only deals I'd recommend 'giffgaff' - it runs on the O2 network and is actually owned by them too. It's tricky to explain but it's a PAYG / Contract hybrid and is pretty good value, flexible and doesn't involve signing 12/24/36 month contracts. It's worth a go, especially if you want flexibility.

+1 to this - giffgaff are great. The truly unlimited data is very useful too. Never short of 3g coverage on campus or in town.
I've been on both Orange and Vodafone at UKC, and I found that I've had much better reception with Vodafone than I did with the former. With Orange I lost signal a lot, both in the city centre and at uni. That said, my phone wasn't amazing, and kept doing things like not delivering/receiving texts or receiving/making calls...
O2 generally is considered the network with the best connection on campus. It rarely fails, you get signal in the furthest dorms and I've even managed to get signal in one of the bottom corridor rooms of Eliot which is quite frankly a MIRACLE. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending