The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury student accommodations

Hello, I am moving to Canterbury to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Kent. And I want recommendations for student accommodations that are not on campus.Thank you :smile:
Original post by vanessasawah
Hello, I am moving to Canterbury to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Kent. And I want recommendations for student accommodations that are not on campus.Thank you :smile:
Hey!

Congrats on your place at the University of Kent - what course will you be studying? :smile:

Whilst I haven't lived in student accommodation for my masters/PhD myself, I know lots of people who've lived in a range of different options so hopefully can offer some insight!

Firstly, on-campus we have Woolf College (postgrad only) which is where a large percentage of postgrad students will live - I know quite a few people who live/have lived here and absolutely love it, as you're surrounded by other master's/PhD students. It's quite seperate from the undergrad accommodation, yet pretty much in the centre of campus which is quite nice. There is also some studio flat options in other buildings, such as Keynes Studio Flats, but these are within undergrad accommodation blocks.

In terms of off campus, there are also a load of different possibilities:

Student houses (Unihomes) - a lot of people do this, you can find people to share with on Kent facebook pages, maybe even asking others that will be on your course? These will often have bills included so will be a pretty affordable option

Private renting (Rightmove etc) - I have a few friends who rent flats with one or two other people, however this is often the most expensive option

Private student accommodation - there are quite a few options in Canterbury, including CRM students (this is quite a popular one) and Now Students. However, it's important to note that most of the private student accommodation is actually quite far away from Kent - most of it is much closer to the other uni in Canterbury (Canterbury Christchurch).

Hope this helps, if you have any specific questions about any of the options let me know and I'll do my best to help!
Natalie
PhD Psychology Student
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by vanessasawah

Hi, I have a double bedroom available from July for £110 per week bills included and no deposit. It’s in hales place which is close to the uni of Kent :smile:
https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/kent/canterbury/17228670

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending