The Student Room Group

Really concerned medical school applicant...

Is it just me, or has anyone else not heard from any universities they have applied to to do medicine? It's mid jan and Ive applied to Bristol, Liverpool, UCL and Imperial. Loads of ppl seem to be having offers back already. Am I the only one who has not heard? It's leaving me thinking I have done something majorly wrong in my personal statement and my BMAT score for UCL wasnt brill, just about average.. help!
Reply 1
heya,
worry not lots of my friends are applying for med this year and although some hav all their offers already, a good few havent heard anything as well (apart from oxbridge rejections) so dont worry.
u will hear somehting i heard sumwer that they sort out applicants into 3 piles and do one lot b4 xmas, one lot in jan/feb and another lot i think aprilish... i dunno if this is true or not but jus things iv heard on the grapevine
good luck
xxxx
Reply 2
my friends haveonly heard rejections from oxford/bristol/nottingham, none have offers yet. One has had an interview for leeds on weds
Reply 3
i wouldn't worry too much! i have applied for medicine this yr at oxford, brimingham, ucl and southampton. (oxford rejected me :frown:). ucl are only interviewing one third of applicants because of huge numbers of applications this year. i had my interview on wednesday. there are lots of medical schools that haven't even sent letters yet, no one i know has heard from kings, edinburgh or imperial for example. just try and keep patient. a lot of the schools send out rejections first so no news is good news! this whole process is so stressful and scary though
nah don't worry.....some unis are useless......esp with medical applicants. I heard from IC in december, cambridge in jan, and southampton yesterday. Nottingham have only sent me that online questionnaire and haven't heard nothing from them. My friends...birmingham haven't said anything yet, another friend hasn't heard from IC nor SOTON, another hasn't heard from Nottingham.....don't worry, keep your fingers crossed and hope for an interview/offer:smile:
Reply 5
i know a guy who applied for medicine and didnt hear from some uni's until may or june!

i think it's ridiculous!
Reply 6
heya!

i'm applying for medicine this year and have got an offer from UCL (sorry!) and my friends have got offers from imperial, but i don't know about bristol or liverpool. However i wouldn't worry about it as they go on interviewing right till Easter. Also, UCL don't look at your BMAT marks when selecting candidates, they are using it for statistical purposes after they have made all their offers - in fact the interviewers are not aware of your marks. Although they will talk about your BMAT essay in the interview...
Reply 7
TomB2000
heya!

i'm applying for medicine this year and have got an offer from UCL (sorry!) and my friends have got offers from imperial, but i don't know about bristol or liverpool. However i wouldn't worry about it as they go on interviewing right till Easter. Also, UCL don't look at your BMAT marks when selecting candidates, they are using it for statistical purposes after they have made all their offers - in fact the interviewers are not aware of your marks. Although they will talk about your BMAT essay in the interview...

if thats true- i'm so relieved i genuinely messed up on that BMAT and was really worried about it! my writing section was however alot better!
Reply 8
derek_klivian
nah don't worry.....some unis are useless......esp with medical applicants. I heard from IC in december, cambridge in jan, and southampton yesterday. Nottingham have only sent me that online questionnaire and haven't heard nothing from them. My friends...birmingham haven't said anything yet, another friend hasn't heard from IC nor SOTON, another hasn't heard from Nottingham.....don't worry, keep your fingers crossed and hope for an interview/offer:smile:

did southampton give you an offer?
I'm in the same position as you 02leah. I have nothing yet. Well I do have a rejection from Peninsula, but it isn't on UCAS, I haven't had a letter from them or anything, it was in an email, so I am hoping they decide they actually want me later on this year!!

Don't worry about it, I'm not too bothered. It does seem that everyone else is having interviews and offers and what not, but not everyone is that lucky! We just have to keep being optimistic, and do very well in our exams!

Good luck to you. Hope we hear from somewhere soon huh!!
Reply 10
hi!
i got an offer from Nottingham but a reject from Cambridge :frown:
however i have not heard from Bristol or Imperial...don't worry about it coz some of my friends who a exceptionally clever and all have not heard from any of their universities...just chill and revise for january exams!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending