The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial UCAS application submitted, no email received

Hi guys,

I applied for Mechanical Engineering @Imperial Nov 20th, 2023 thought UCAS, and I have not yet received an acknowledgemnt email from them (Imperial). Should I be worried?
Does the Imperial website say that they send acknowledgement emails? Many universities don’t do this.

Have you been regularly checking your junk/spam folders?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Does the Imperial website say that they send acknowledgement emails? Many universities don’t do this.

Have you been regularly checking your junk/spam folders?

Yes I have, I guess I will wait...
Original post by mst30
Yes I have, I guess I will wait...

If they say they send out acknowledgment emails then you can always ring them up to check that you haven’t missed any communications.

It’s also worth avoiding using a school/college email address for UCAS. They tend to be the worst for blocking emails from universities.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If they say they send out acknowledgment emails then you can always ring them up to check that you haven’t missed any communications.

It’s also worth avoiding using a school/college email address for UCAS. They tend to be the worst for blocking emails from universities.

I did use my school email...
Original post by mst30
I did use my school email...

You can log into UCAS and change your contact details
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys,

I applied for Mechanical Engineering @Imperial Nov 20th, 2023 thought UCAS, and I have not yet received an acknowledgemnt email from them (Imperial). Should I be worried?

hey just wondering if you’ve received an email from them now? i applied around the same time as you for medical biosci and never got a confirmation email either
Original post by aleezino
hey just wondering if you’ve received an email from them now? i applied around the same time as you for medical biosci and never got a confirmation email either

Ive applied to medical Biosciences too and still heard nothing... Any updates?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #2
Ive applied to medical Biosciences too and still heard nothing... Any updates?

no response yet either:frown:
Original post by aleezino
no response yet either:frown:

:frown:( When did you apply? Because I applied early december so I'm not sure if I should email the admissions team yet or not
If it looks the same as your other choices on Hub, and there is no requirement for an interview or portfolio, it's not anything to worry about.
Original post by Admit-One
If it looks the same as your other choices on Hub, and there is no requirement for an interview or portfolio, it's not anything to worry about.

But is there a reason why they are sending acknowledgement emails to some and then not to others for the same course? There doesn't seem to be a pattern, so I've started getting worried
Original post by xxvanillaxx
But is there a reason why they are sending acknowledgement emails to some and then not to others for the same course? There doesn't seem to be a pattern, so I've started getting worried

Could be sitting in someone else's queue of work. Could be an issue with how the address was input to UCAS. Could be getting picked up by a school spam fiter. Lots of reasons.

Unless it was a course that interviewed or routinely needed more info I would not be too concerned, as it's really just a courtesy to confirm the app is with them.

If you're concerned you can always give them a quick call to confirm. (Emails unlikely to be responded to quickly at this time of year.)
Original post by Admit-One
Could be sitting in someone else's queue of work. Could be an issue with how the address was input to UCAS. Could be getting picked up by a school spam fiter. Lots of reasons.

Unless it was a course that interviewed or routinely needed more info I would not be too concerned, as it's really just a courtesy to confirm the app is with them.

If you're concerned you can always give them a quick call to confirm. (Emails unlikely to be responded to quickly at this time of year.)

Thank you so much for the help! I might give them a ring actually
Original post by xxvanillaxx
Thank you so much for the help! I might give them a ring actually

Not a problem, it's a common query and a quick thing for them to check.
School/college email is the worst for stopping emails from universities. They often don’t have junk folders and just block them getting through altogether (one of many reasons not to use your school/college email on UCAS)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys,

Hey something out of context, but what others unis have you applied to and have you received any offers yet, because i also applied for Mechanical Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending