The Student Room Group

GCSE

Hi guys. I had a concern about online work experience my school told me about this ONLINE VIRTUAL NHS WORK EXPERIENCE WHICH WILL TAKE PLACE ONCE IN A MONTH FOR 6 MONTHS... and after completion will get a certificate which will be really useful for UCAS applications etc I'm currently re-sitting my GCSE and after A-levels, I would like to pursue medicine... Do medical schools such as Oxbridge or Kings etc accept ONLINE NHS WORK EXPERIENCE??
Below I have attached the link to the work experience do u think this is the best one or there are better ones? Do u think this is worth it?
Please let me know
Thanks

PS: The work experience I was talking about is the following:
Live Virtual NHS Healthcare Careers Work Experience Programme
https://alliedhealthmentor.org/produ...nce-programme/
Reply 1
My advice is
1. focus on your GCSE resitting and do well that is first priority. As medical school would not except you without minimum GCSE .
2. find volunteering in care home or hospital 3 hours a week is enough
3. try to email Gps around you and hospitals to get work experience even for day (this is better than online work experience ), But if you can not get any then you have time later in the summer to do Brighton and Sussex work experience 7-9 hours .
4. even getting a job in the summer will help with reflecting and taking about teamwork.... etc

what I want to say is grades is more important than all the other stuff , which you can do later on . Also doing face to face is better and do the online stuff if you can not get any .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending