The Student Room Group

Advice,rejections from a med applicant

Hello,I wanted to study med and still do.But i have been only recieving rejections after rejections.As much as i tell myself it is not the end of the world it bother's me alot.In my year group ,3 of my best mates are applying with me too.We ae applied to 3 of the same uni and the last one is different.One of them got 4/4 invites and I am super proud of her and the other has recieved 3/4 and i am really proud of her too.I find it impossible to continue on doing interview prep as i see no hope in doing med this year.I wouldn't mind taking a gap year,but my parents ARE REALLY aginst it.They think its a bad thing,my mum was like if i get 4/4 rejections,then gap year would be okay.But i know she wouldnt like it.This is just a little rant.I am very heart broken and just struggling to keep og with skl work ,while praying to get an interview.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello,I wanted to study med and still do.But i have been only recieving rejections after rejections.As much as i tell myself it is not the end of the world it bother's me alot.In my year group ,3 of my best mates are applying with me too.We ae applied to 3 of the same uni and the last one is different.One of them got 4/4 invites and I am super proud of her and the other has recieved 3/4 and i am really proud of her too.I find it impossible to continue on doing interview prep as i see no hope in doing med this year.I wouldn't mind taking a gap year,but my parents ARE REALLY aginst it.They think its a bad thing,my mum was like if i get 4/4 rejections,then gap year would be okay.But i know she wouldnt like it.This is just a little rant.I am very heart broken and just struggling to keep og with skl work ,while praying to get an interview.

hey tell us your stats and what schools you applied to remember everything happens for a reason. Some med schools use clearing so don't lose hope!!
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hello, I am currently a second year at medical school studying at ARU.

Firstly, it’s not an easy process when applying to medical school so well done on sticking to it and applying. Ive had rejections from medical schools where 4/4 were rejections. I understand how it can feel disheartening however like you mention, it won’t be the end of the world. There are many routes into medicine and taking a gap year is one of them.

Don’t lose hope, although this experience isn’t fun you will benefit from it. The preservation and dedication to carry will show great character.

See how the rest of your applications go and then consider your gap year. Maybe speak to your parents about why a gap year is beneficial. You are able to apply to medical school again, gain work experience and even earn money. All of this will be super useful when reapplying and for your interview stages. Try and figure out what your mum is worried about in terms of a gap year and then you can ease her concerns.

Many students take a gap year and there is nothing wrong with that. I myself am a postgraduate student and there are many students like me who didn’t get into medicine at 18 and applied later on in life.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending