The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
3 hours of bliss!!

WHAT?! But but but but but...it was SOOO good... if they've tampered with "The Prince's Tale" the **** will hit the fan :devil3:

Yes. I really hope it's 3 hours! But it seems so... unreal. And what if you have to wait like 6 months to get a ticket or something ?eeek.

I don't know much. But they have changed the location. Could tell you where, if you're interested.

Yates is never really that good at flashbacks, but I've heard good things about The Prince's Tale (which was my favourite chapter)
Original post by Luceria
Yes. I really hope it's 3 hours! But it seems so... unreal. And what if you have to wait like 6 months to get a ticket or something ?eeek.

I don't know much. But they have changed the location. Could tell you where, if you're interested.

Yates is never really that good at flashbacks, but I've heard good things about The Prince's Tale (which was my favourite chapter)

6 months is worth the wait!

Tell me (but maybe spoiler it for the others)

Indeed, but these flashbacks are ESSENTIAL! If that or the scene with Dumbledore gets screwed up I'm gonna be fuming!
6 months is worth the wait!

Indeed, but these flashbacks are ESSENTIAL! If that or the scene with Dumbledore gets screwed up I'm gonna be fuming!

Spoiler

They are. I've heard it was 6-7 minutes from the test screening. So that's good. But who knows.
Original post by Luceria

Spoiler

They are. I've heard it was 6-7 minutes from the test screening. So that's good. But who knows.

I was hoping more like 20 mins :tongue:

Spoiler

I was hoping more like 20 mins :tongue:

Spoiler

Me too, haha.

Spoiler

Original post by Luceria
Me too, haha.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Please make sure no matter how much I ask you don't send me what you've read...because I want to be able to moan about the film AFTER seeing it, ot before

Don't tell me the spoilers!!

You must resist. :whip:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Haha, deary me. I should stop tempting people!
Original post by Luceria

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

I can't resist! :cry2:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Luceria

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by sugarmice

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Luceria

Spoiler

I'm not even gonna pretend I'm not an insane book purist, I really am! One of my life long dreams is to create a long running tv series which sticks exactly to the books

Spoiler

Original post by Luceria

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm not even gonna pretend I'm not an insane book purist, I really am! One of my life long dreams is to create a long running tv series which sticks exactly to the books

Spoiler

I can accept changes. The films are adaptions, and the books won't be copied word for word.. But there a few things that bothered me. Most recently in Half Blood Prince.. And now in Deathly Hallows.
In Half Blood Prince I was most displeased with the memories.

Spoiler

Did you know they filmed most likely filmed a scene between Tom Riddle and Armando Dippet in Chamber of Secrets? But cut it? I'm pretty sure it's where this picture is from. As I heard it was filmed outside. Which sucks. Tom Riddle is my favourite character and I'd love to see the scene! I also read they filmed a scene with Ginny and some dead roosters. Still haven't given us Snape's Worst Memory or extended versions!

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1197

This is originally what I always dreamt of, but, i'm currently a film student and I knwo that by doing this would make it a worse film. Look at 1 & 2, they were the most faithful, yet they didn't quite pull it off. We have to remember that literature and film are 2 different medium and that they cannot copy each other, only represent. To place a book right on screen would not be a very fun or cinematic experience. But there's a secret part of me that just knows more could have been squeezed in. The fan side gets the better of my practical side! Plus some filmmakers have done some silly things.
Ahhhhhhh so excited...........the last harry potter right after my last few months at school........the end of an era of childhood (sad sad times haha)
Original post by Luceria
I can accept changes. The films are adaptions, and the books won't be copied word for word.. But there a few things that bothered me. Most recently in Half Blood Prince.. And now in Deathly Hallows.
In Half Blood Prince I was most displeased with the memories.

Spoiler

Did you know they filmed most likely filmed a scene between Tom Riddle and Armando Dippet in Chamber of Secrets? But cut it? I'm pretty sure it's where this picture is from. As I heard it was filmed outside. Which sucks. Tom Riddle is my favourite character and I'd love to see the scene! I also read they filmed a scene with Ginny and some dead roosters. Still haven't given us Snape's Worst Memory or extended versions!

Spoiler

I can accept changes as long as they are in keeping with the book and do not contradict the book...also all changes should have no affected the plot line of later books!

Spoiler

I was gutted at the memories in Half-Blood, did not go into Snape enough at all :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest