The Student Room Group

What was the first book that got you into reading?

Title
I always love reading from a variety age, but the first book that I remember that really give me a love of reading was the big big se by Martin Waddell I used to love reading it with my mum and the illustrations were amazing. Jacqueline Wilson also holds very special place in my heart because she was the first author, I really loved

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ebyrne2036
Title
I always love reading from a variety age, but the first book that I remember that really give me a love of reading was the big big se by Martin Waddell I used to love reading it with my mum and the illustrations were amazing. Jacqueline Wilson also holds very special place in my heart because she was the first author, I really loved
I love this idea.

I loved reading since FOREVER, but I just used to read, because it was fun. I started visulising the books adter this one Micheal Murpurgo book (and if any of you know the title please please please tell me because I want to read it so bad.) It was like some freinds who went on this sort of ferry to an island that was a bit haunted and there was like a shadow man I think where they would see a tophat and red eyes glowing. I kid you not when I read that in year 3 I could genuninly see the tophat and the red eyes in my room and after that book I can visulise every singe book that I read. It hold such a speical place in my heart but I am gutted that I dont know the name.
Omg was it kensuke kingdom? I remember we read that one as our group reading novel in like primary 4
Omg was it kensuke kingdom? I remember we read that one as our group reading novel in like primary 4
No😭😭😭. I have read that one too though.
Honestly tho I cant find it anywhere lol. Imagine it wasnt even micheal murpurgo and I have just been searching for the wrong book.
Oh I’ve no idea! Hopefully somebody else does
Oh I’ve no idea! Hopefully somebody else does
bing ai said its "i belive in unicorns" so i downloaded the pdf but i dont think it is lolol. Hopefully someone knows but ottherwise its just gonna live in my head forever
I never read that one, but I always wanted to! I definitely enjoyed warhorse and they think from memory, I also enjoyed the dancing bear? I can’t really remember what any of them are about the ngl
hhaah sameee, I used to read all of his books becuase my primary had his collection. I litteraly forgot all of them but ik they were good
OMG, yes my Grandad got me the set of them as I’m pretty sure I mentioned him we were doing one of them in class and he was like okay I’m gonna get you the set
Awww thats so incredibly sweet of him.
My grandad just used to call me a elephant😭😭, but I got a elephant teddy with my name on it in his honour lol because it stuck.
Twas the Lemony Snicket book A Series Of Unfortunate Events.. I just loved how there was no resolution or no good ending on each book and James Bond.. each book was amazing
Oh yeh I remember those books! Can it say I never read them through as I was a bit traumatised by the movie
the Famous Five books, Malory Towers series, and the Twins at St. Clares :love:
I remember also loving the Worst Witch as well :biggrin:

Does anyone remember the Rainbow Magic fairies and Horrid Henry books? (I think when I was little, I disappointed my Mum each time I withdrew one of them from the library! :lol: :rofl: )
(edited 1 month ago)
Omg rainbow fairies! I always wished I had one with my name on

Loved worst witch 2 esp the CITV series and the movie!
Original post by Chronoscope
the Famous Five books, Malory Towers series, and the Twins at St. Clares :love:
I remember also loving the Worst Witch as well :biggrin:
Does anyone remember the Rainbow Magic fairies and Horrid Henry books? (I think when I was little, I disappointed my Mum each time I withdrew one of them from the library! :lol: :rofl: )
ahhhh the worst witch, rainbow magic fairies were so goooddddd. I also have all the horrid henry books lol
Reply 16
I first found a love for reading in year 6, with the 13 series by Michelle Harrison. I actually read the last book- the 13 secrets- first so it was that book specifically.
Original post by Lugg13
I first found a love for reading in year 6, with the 13 series by Michelle Harrison. I actually read the last book- the 13 secrets- first so it was that book specifically.
Omg I remember those ones
Title
oooooh! i did have Hetty Feather obsession and then once I finished it I had a weird change of heart and hated all JW books and idk why 😂

I have been reading for agesss. I remember in primary we had to read a book from the library every two weeks and the books were coloured in 'reading levels', and I began reading the hardest ones in y3 when most people didn't until y5 or 6 lol. So I couldn't tell you exactly which book got me into reading.

BUT the School for good and evil series was definitely the one in y6 that made me want to call myself a reader! Then it was land of stories and Twilight. Basically I remember being obsessed with all three in y6 and ever since I haven't stopped buying books
I love Hetty feather! It was the first book that I actually felt like I was observing like it felt like I got really into it.

Oh my word, I remember the reading levels but it was like reading tables for us each tables was a different colour and it was like the high group and then there was a second group and then there was a medium group and then I think there was either two groups or one group. After that I can’t remember

The stories are so good, I didn’t read it until like a few yrs ago but very enjoyable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending