The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

They will be showing it in 2D as well, won't they :puppyeyes:
I booked at cineWorld normal 2D! Yeah! Can't wait!!
Reply 1522
Original post by Ice_Queen
They will be showing it in 2D as well, won't they :puppyeyes:

Yes :yes:

Thank God, I hate 3D films, I like my movies good and flat :shakecane:
Reply 1523
yaaaaay!!!
Just booked my midnight release tickets. Took a while to work out who was going with me though. SO EXCITED. And we're going to see Part 1 straight before too. I'm dressing up as Luna Lovegood, I just hope the dye comes out my hair okay so I'll be blonde by then which is my natural hair colour. I have my radish earrings, Xenophilius DH necklace (which for the purpose of this costume Luna borrowed), and I'm going to dress in Luna-ish clothes. OH AND MY SPECTRESPECS.
Our cinema is doing 3D glasses in the shape of Harry's specs. :yeah:

Thanks for the link! Just bought one :biggrin: Hope it'll arrive by the 14th... actually by the 11th/12th, because I'm away for my birthday from the 12th-14th and I want to wear it to the DH midnight showing!!
harry potter in 3d = ****
Random fun fact: Did anybody know that Chris Columbus, the guy who directed the first two films, actually considered splitting the Philosopher's Stone into two films with the first ending at Harry's Quidditch match?

What were people on back then? :zomg:
Reply 1529
Original post by SirRamAlot
I was never a fan out of the films because the books vastly outshone them and they weren't usually portrayed that greatly in the films imo (not saying the films are bad though). I know cuts and stuff were necessary otherwise each film would be like 10 hours long if everything in the books were included, but they messed around with it too much in my opinion. But the trailer actually looks good.

Definitely this. Watching that trailer it still looks like the ending has been altered somewhat, I mean why the hell is Harry grabbing voldemort and pulling him off the edge? o.O

The ending does not need embellishing, it is good enough in the books!!!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Random fun fact: Did anybody know that Chris Columbus, the guy who directed the first two films, actually considered splitting the Philosopher's Stone into two films with the first ending at Harry's Quidditch match?

What were people on back then? :zomg:

At least it would've given us more time. I'm just not ready to say goodbye. :cry2:
I hope the 19 Years Later scene is good. I mean, it's the ending of the whole freaking series!!!
Premiere starts in 10 minutes. Last premiere ever. :frown:
My local Odeon is showing every single film.....
Just booked my tickets for a 5 hour part 1 and part 2 showing! Goes from 9pm on the 14th over to 2:30am the following day. My boyfriend needed persuading :colondollar:
Yeah my Odeon's showing every film too. Imagine watching them all in one night :tongue:
Rupert Grint is FIT.
Not watching the premiere, it'll be online later though. Should be so I'll watch it then instead of live streaming. I wish my Odeon was showing every film but the nearest one doing that is Cardiff. Why did I leave uni? :'(

It's so weird though. I don't know how to feel. I'm torn between being so excited I might wee and wanting to collapse into hysterical sobbing.
The commentator just said with reference to Emma Watson/Hermione, 'How does the love triangle happen? Find out" or something along those lines. What. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest