The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

twenty three days!
I can't wait so it better be good!
Reply 161
Original post by Zorg
The Sixth one was dire. Not only did it deviate from the book, but it made core plot line changes and core character changes which just annoyed me. I cringed through most of the 6th film not because it wasn't a close resemblance to the book but because it was absolute bull in some parts, such as the Burrow burning down, Ginny running around Harry like a puppy and Harry just standing around watching as Dumbledore is killed instead of being restrained from saving him.
Also some of the casting is just poor. Snape is amazing in his part though.

For those reasons, I'm probably not going to watch it. I hope sometime in the future these are all remade. Maybe not the first one, but the rest were shockingly bad.

E.W will never be replaced.
I believe the first film ends when

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 163
Original post by Aspirational Medic

Spoiler

Indeed.
I love Harry Potter, cant wait for the film!
Reply 165
Half-Blood Prince was disappointing and I don't think Deathly Hallows Part 1 will be any better. I didn't like the trailer at all.
While I wasn't a huge fan of what Yates did with the Order of the Phoenix, the Half-Blood Prince was a massive step-up imo, not only was it my favourite of the series, I would actually go as far as to say it was technically the best. Delbonnel's cinematography was outstanding, Hooper's score was subtle, emotional and suited the the film perfectly, the acting (for the most part) was much improved, the balance of the light and dark moments was pretty spot on I thought (I know some argue that the film largely focused on the romance storylines), ultimately it was a well paced, funny and emotionally satisfying adaptation. I realise some people just get pissed off because of the cuts made to the novels, well why not strap the books to the television? I'd rather watch Yates' Potter films than Chris Columbus's childish and uninspired carbon copies of the novels.
Original post by Chapter One
While I wasn't a huge fan of what Yates did with the Order of the Phoenix, the Half-Blood Prince was a massive step-up imo, not only was it my favourite of the series, I would actually go as far as to say it was technically the best. Delbonnel's cinematography was outstanding, Hooper's score was subtle, emotional and suited the the film perfectly, the acting (for the most part) was much improved, the balance of the light and dark moments was pretty spot on I thought (I know some argue that the film largely focused on the romance storylines), ultimately it was a well paced, funny and emotionally satisfying adaptation. I realise some people just get pissed off because of the cuts made to the novels, well why not strap the books to the television? I'd rather watch Yates' Potter films than Chris Columbus's childish and uninspired carbon copies of the novels.

This, basically. I get really frustrated with people who are like 'but they cut all the best bits, it's not the same!'

It's not MEANT to be the same, guys. It's the cinematic adaption, based on a book. Not the book in moving pictures.
I bet Fleur and Bill won't be focused on during the wedding scene, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with tha scene
Original post by Seasick Steve
Dumbledoor dies. And that's an end of it.

He died in the last one actually. Yes I am a nerd. GET IT RIGHT! :L
Original post by Sabriella
This, basically. I get really frustrated with people who are like 'but they cut all the best bits, it's not the same!'

It's not MEANT to be the same, guys. It's the cinematic adaption, based on a book. Not the book in moving pictures.

Very true. It's not meant to be "the book in moving pictures".

But I really wish it was :frown: I would sit through 7 hours of that :biggrin: :happy2:
Original post by Hampsey83
Very true. It's not meant to be "the book in moving pictures".

But I really wish it was :frown: I would sit through 7 hours of that :biggrin: :happy2:

F*** that, I'd sit through a whole week =DD
Reply 172
I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!

:woo:
Original post by Aspirational Medic

Spoiler

omggggg agreeeeeeeeeeeeee
Reply 174
Can't waittt !!!
Reply 175
I bought tickets to the premiere today! :party::dancing:
:^_^:
(edited 13 years ago)
Aye I bought my ticket today. VIP, Front row, plush leather recliner. First avaliable screening. GET IN!

Aye I bought my ticket today. VIP, Front row, plush leather recliner. First avaliable screening. GET IN!

Are front row tickets what people actually want now? :lolwut:
Original post by Phalanges
Are front row tickets what people actually want now? :lolwut:

front row of the VIP section which is actually the second tier. it's mid height in the cinema :L

no way would i sit right at the FRONT front :L

front row of the VIP section which is actually the second tier. it's mid height in the cinema :L

no way would i sit right at the FRONT front :L

Ah, that makes more sense. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest