The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
thisisnew
Because he's an idiot. His posting history is a catalogue of face palm.

maybe in this instance he assumed that the israeli army would be working with the blessing of the government? i can't see why they'd do it independently
Reply 21
star-one
Why do people refer to it as ''acts of Israel'' and not as the ''acts of the people of Israel''?

I use the term Israel because I am referring to those who represent/control the country. If I said Israeli people it would insinuate that I believe all Israelis carry out these disgusting acts which is just an ignorant statement. It is the state of Israel which does this.
Reply 22
theths
so the fact that palestine is semi-developed now justifies the fact that the israeli government just victimized a whole bunch of children and threatened a village with demolition?

No smoke without fire.
Reply 23
$150,000 for a playground?! Did they order a gold plated swingset or something?
The locals were able to afford a $150,000 playground?

As I've already said, both sides are crazy as each other. And when I mean sides, I mean their political leaders.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25
Iron Mike
I use the term Israel because I am referring to those who represent/control the country. If I said Israeli people it would insinuate that I believe all Israelis carry out these disgusting acts which is just an ignorant statement. It is the state of Israel which does this.

Who are the people that control the country?
Reply 26
star-one
Who are the people that control the country?

Santa Clause, Who the **** do you think?
Reply 27
Iron Mike

I thought it was Elvis Presley. :confused:
well, what did you expect? These settleres are insane dude...
Iron Mike

Wow. When I was young, he gave us gifts. The kids these days have it hard if Santa is taking away their playgrounds :frown:
Reply 30
sadly im not suprised

well at least the kids now have lots of free time to join Hamas
Not surprised in the least.

Strange how they're treating the Palestinians in the same manner that they themselves were treated by the Germans in the early thirties - segregated, poor access to health and education, imprisoned and intimidated...

What's next? Gas chambers for the Palestinians?
theths
so the fact that palestine is semi-developed now justifies the fact that the israeli government just victimized a whole bunch of children and threatened a village with demolition?

Semi-developed? $150,000 on a playground would make the Sheikhs of Dubai blush.

Either Palestine isn't the blighted country we've been led to believe, and is in fact a 21st century land of milk and honey, or this story is horse ****.
Reply 33
A claim by a propaganda source which is either made up or completely taken out of context, and everyone rushes to compare Israel to the worst of the worst and laud Hamas. Lovely.
Propaganda much? The fact that they admit it's a 150k PLAYGROUND is just... lol.
Reply 35
Axes
A claim by a propaganda source which is either made up or completely taken out of context, and everyone rushes to compare Israel to the worst of the worst and laud Hamas. Lovely.

I agree that this sort of press does inadvertently (?) prop up Hamas, but it shouldn't detract from the somewhat questionable strategies adopted by the IDF.
Reply 36
DirtyPrettyThing
Not surprised in the least.

Strange how they're treating the Palestinians in the same manner that they themselves were treated by the Germans in the early thirties - segregated, poor access to health and education, imprisoned and intimidated...

What's next? Gas chambers for the Palestinians?

You are disgusting! I am Jewish myself and i also don't agree with everything that the Israeli gov't does, but to say this of them? no evidence, no sense to it, its just pure anti-semitism drivel!

Firstly the source is Ma'an news which will put a heavily pro-palestinian slant on the story, also its common sense that the playground could not have cost anywhere near $150,000, the funding for that is certainly not avaliable.

Really you must take the situation into perspective, there is another side to this story! The fact that you are presented with anti-israel and therefore anti-semitic propaganda should not make you dispose with common sense, perhaps there was a security threat? or it was built illegally? there are plenty of viable and reasonable reasons as to why the israeli gov't decided to do this.

Also the israeli gov't cannot always be seen as the agressors, rockets are fired on israeli towns on a daily basis terrorising thousands of residents, children grow up running to a shelter during school, these people lead broken lives and they always have the fear that the next rocket will hit them or their family, they live in a constant state of worry, it is simply not fair and its anti-semitic not to look at the israeli side of the story as well!

Take a second to imagine if rockets were to be fired on your neighbourhood every day for years on end, wouldn't you try to do something about it???
(edited 13 years ago)
If the Israelis really were evil I don't think they'd waste time demolishing playgrounds.
Reply 38
GK123
You are disgusting! I am Jewish myself and i also don't agree with everything that the Israeli gov't does, but to say this of them? no evidence, no sense to it, its just pure anti-semitism drivel!

Firstly the source is Ma'an news which will put a heavily pro-palestinian slant on the story, also its common sense that the playground could not have cost anywhere near $150,000, the funding for that is certainly not avaliable.

Really you must take the situation into perspective, there is another side to this story! The fact that you are presented with anti-israel and therefore anti-semitic propaganda should not make you dispose with common sense, perhaps there was a security threat? or it was built illegally? there are plenty of viable and reasonable reasons as to when the israeli gov't decided to do this.

Also the israeli gov't cannot always be seen as the agressors, rockets are fired on israeli towns on a daily basis terrorising thousands of residents, children grow up running to a shelter during school, these people lead broken lives and they always have the fear that the next rocket will hit them or their family, they live in a constant state of worry, it is simply not fair and its anti-semitic not to look at the israeli side of the story as well!

Take a second to imagine if rockets were to be fired on your neighbourhood every day for years on end, wouldn't you try to do something about it???

Because the Palestinian military is as sophisticated as the IDF, at least in terms of infrastructure -.-
Reply 39
FyreFight
Semi-developed? $150,000 on a playground would make the Sheikhs of Dubai blush.

Either Palestine isn't the blighted country we've been led to believe, and is in fact a 21st century land of milk and honey, or this story is horse ****.

my guess is that the local's claim was exaggerated, thinking back to indian villagers i knew who werent necessarily wrong, just melo-dramatic
and yes i realise india is a different country from palestine, im just saying that mindsets can be similar

i wouldnt take it as a sign that the story is completely fictitious

Latest

Trending

Trending