NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
You get to decide as said in the webinar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zubair92

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heard it in the webinar :smile: It was really useful!
Original post by veggie4life
Heard it in the webinar :smile: It was really useful!

Original post by Zubair92

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was unable to attend the webinar, would it be possible to give a little run down of what was said ?

Kind regards.
A lot of what was said was similar to what's on the 'NGDP Stage 4 tips' attachment that Virginia sent us last week. The rest of the presentation was common sense e.g. look on councils' websites for their plans/strategies, use the Knowledge Hub to get in touch with current NMTs, etc.

The most enlightening stuff for me was the questions that other participants were asking as the webinar went on. Off the top of my head...

- the interview invites have essentially all been sent out now. Some people have turned/will turn down their invitations so the next week will see Ami allocating the freed up spaces.
- if you're unsuccessful at interview you will be put into a 'talent pool'. Some councils may join up to the NGDP throughout the summer and those in this pool would then be offered interviews. Having councils join throughout the summer is the exception rather than the rule, however. This pool will also be accessible to councils wanting graduates for other roles, be it project work or their own independently-run graduate schemes.
- consider the first e-mail sent to the councils to accept your interview the beginning of the interview process i.e. be professional with them (although again, just common sense, I'd say)
- you CANNOT defer if successful at this stage any more
- expect to start around October, although some have started as early as July and anywhere in between. It's best if you start at least a couple of weeks before the national induction at the back end of October (I think) so you don't feel at a disadvantage compared to your fellow NMTs. You should be able to negotiate your start date with your council if needs be.
- if you end up with more than one job offer, you get to choose which one you want.-
- after the interview process, councils will tend to offer their candidate preferences to the LGA so if their first choice doesn't accept then it would go to the second one. The councils don't necessarily rank all candidates, though.
- once offered (hopefully) a position, the LGA want to hear back from you fairly quickly. Most tend to get back within 48 hours and they'd use that as a general rule of thumb. This offer will come from the LGA, not the council. If the council do happen to offer you a position before the LGA do so, contact Ami ASAP.

Think that's about it! The webinar is going to be published, I presume, on the Knowledge Hub. Hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by Bob-Loblaw
A lot of what was said was similar to what's on the 'NGDP Stage 4 tips' attachment that Virginia sent us last week. The rest of the presentation was common sense e.g. look on councils' websites for their plans/strategies, use the Knowledge Hub to get in touch with current NMTs, etc.

The most enlightening stuff for me was the questions that other participants were asking as the webinar went on. Off the top of my head...

- the interview invites have essentially all been sent out now. Some people have turned/will turn down their invitations so the next week will see Ami allocating the freed up spaces.
- if you're unsuccessful at interview you will be put into a 'talent pool'. Some councils may join up to the NGDP throughout the summer and those in this pool would then be offered interviews. Having councils join throughout the summer is the exception rather than the rule, however. This pool will also be accessible to councils wanting graduates for other roles, be it project work or their own independently-run graduate schemes.
- consider the first e-mail sent to the councils to accept your interview the beginning of the interview process i.e. be professional with them (although again, just common sense, I'd say)
- you CANNOT defer if successful at this stage any more
- expect to start around October, although some have started as early as July and anywhere in between. It's best if you start at least a couple of weeks before the national induction at the back end of October (I think) so you don't feel at a disadvantage compared to your fellow NMTs. You should be able to negotiate your start date with your council if needs be.
- if you end up with more than one job offer, you get to choose which one you want.-
- after the interview process, councils will tend to offer their candidate preferences to the LGA so if their first choice doesn't accept then it would go to the second one. The councils don't necessarily rank all candidates, though.
- once offered (hopefully) a position, the LGA want to hear back from you fairly quickly. Most tend to get back within 48 hours and they'd use that as a general rule of thumb. This offer will come from the LGA, not the council. If the council do happen to offer you a position before the LGA do so, contact Ami ASAP.

Think that's about it! The webinar is going to be published, I presume, on the Knowledge Hub. Hope that helps! :smile:

Thank you so much blah blah blah .........

Gene Parmesan.
Original post by Jeff Buckley
Thank you so much blah blah blah .........

Gene Parmesan.

<insert Lucille screaming .gif here>
<insert Lucille screaming .gif here>

Thoughts on season 4 if you have seen it?
Thoughts on season 4 if you have seen it?

Only halfway through so far but...it's a tough one. The unique structure of the season both limits its potential but also makes it a really intriguing watch. Obviously the different structure is a result of actor availability (or, rather, unavailability) but this has meant there's little chance for large scale interaction between the characters and it's all very one-on-one, or sometimes just...one. When you care little for some characters (here's looking at you, George Snr.) it means there are a few bum notes when there are whole episodes dedicated to them. On the plus side, I think what's been done with the structure in light of these difficulties (i.e. making it one intersecting narrative, more or less) is going to make it stand up to repeated viewing to see how it all fits together. And half of the fun in the original run was picking up on those little easter eggs you missed on the first viewing.

...and that's my York Notes version. I could probably write numerous theses on the television shows that I love. </sad> How about yourself?

So yeah, this NGDP thing...
Only halfway through so far but...it's a tough one. The unique structure of the season both limits its potential but also makes it a really intriguing watch. Obviously the different structure is a result of actor availability (or, rather, unavailability) but this has meant there's little chance for large scale interaction between the characters and it's all very one-on-one, or sometimes just...one. When you care little for some characters (here's looking at you, George Snr.) it means there are a few bum notes when there are whole episodes dedicated to them. On the plus side, I think what's been done with the structure in light of these difficulties (i.e. making it one intersecting narrative, more or less) is going to make it stand up to repeated viewing to see how it all fits together. And half of the fun in the original run was picking up on those little easter eggs you missed on the first viewing.

...and that's my York Notes version. I could probably write numerous theses on the television shows that I love. </sad> How about yourself?

So yeah, this NGDP thing...

Yeah so this NGDP thing indeed ..... were you happy with the choices that you got? How many did you get ?

I think your analysis about Arrested is pretty much spot on. I like that the creator tried to be brave and change it but my favourite moments in the previous was when all the family was together. Ive watched about 10 or so episodes.
Yeah so this NGDP thing indeed ..... were you happy with the choices that you got? How many did you get ?

I got two in the end. The first offer was my second council/first regional preference (LGA) so I'm pleased with that. The second was in my third regional choice and a bit of wild card (Mole Valley) but having done a bit of reading on them I like their setup! Slightly gutted to not have my first council preference/home borough but it is what it is.

How do you feel about yours?
Got 2 in London which is not bad. Congrats on getting the the LGA interview. I missed out on my first choice, really would have been good to get an interview in that one but i had a hunch it would be by far the most popular in terms of number of applications.

I'm hoping i got a few next week as i put down i was willing to go anywhere if people reject :smile:

I'm hoping i got a few next week as i put down i was willing to go anywhere if people reject :smile:

I wouldn't be so hopeful, I imagine most people put down they were willing to go anywhere.
(edited 10 years ago)
How's everyone getting on with their interviews?
Had one of my two interviews so far - I wish they were the other way around though and that I'd had last week's (the one I want more) second so I had a better idea of what to expect. I'm usually a decent judge of how I perform at interviews but this whole 'best fit/be yourself, etc.' malarky has thrown me. Think my enthusiasm went overboard into skittishness at times! I'm just so glad that the wait isn't too painful. How have yours gone? :smile:
I haven't had a single one yet! My first one is tomorrow but the anticipation is killing me haha :smile:
I haven't had a single one yet! My first one is tomorrow but the anticipation is killing me haha :smile:

Haha well hopefully you managed to get off your deathbed to go to it yesterday! Was your other one today? Hope they went well...bring on next week now! :headbang:
Haha well hopefully you managed to get off your deathbed to go to it yesterday! Was your other one today? Hope they went well...bring on next week now! :headbang:

it was! Thank you :smile: I honestly can't call them at all :/
I wonder whether we'll hear on the wednesday ://
it was! Thank you :smile: I honestly can't call them at all :/
I wonder whether we'll hear on the wednesday ://

Yeah, I'm expecting to hear at the back end of the week. Although I did get an email from the LGA last week thanking me for attending their interview (I was ****ting kittens when I saw the banner notification pop up on my phone - I thought it was a rejection!) and saying that they'll let me know W/C 17/6. All I know is I've still been refreshing my e-mails all day. It's going to be a loooooong week!
There will be a lot of strained fingers and thumbs from the amount of refreshing until we hear back.
Anyone heard back yet? Found out i've been successful in one of mine but haven't heard back from the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending