The Student Room Group

Donate blood

Each year many die because of the lack of blood, so why don't we come forward to donate.
I have donated and it doesn't hurt or affect you much.

You don’t need a special reason to give blood.

1. You just need your own reason.
2. Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend.
3. Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day.
4. Some believe it is the right thing we do.
5. Whatever your reason, the need is constant and your contribution is important for a healthy and reliable blood supply. And you’ll feel good knowing you've helped change a life.

If you could please donate.
And put this in your signature.

thank you :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So have I. :bigsmile:
Reply 2
I donate every 4 months :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Annie72

I donated last month for the first time and plan to do so every 4 months too.:smile:
I have been a blood donor for a couple of years now and I would strongly recommend everyone who can to give blood, it doesn't hurt at all.
Reply 5
Scared of needles. :frown:
I'm petrified of needles, and feel sick beforehand, but its so worth it! Actually quite a nice little trip out, I find :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by unknownking321
So have I. :bigsmile:

umm

good :clap2:
I tried once, but I didn't realise it was a donation of your own blood.

Man it was an awkward conversation when I apologised to the people I attacked on the high street with a machete.
Reply 9
I'm booked in to donate later this month.

I've been a registered donor for a while but have only donated twice before.
Reply 10
I want to donate, just haven't done it yet - 'cause I'm lame. However, I was looking into it two days ago, in fact. That and donating bone marrow (which sounds painful..). I'm apparently of the blood type O-, so I really should if that's true.

Hm, so yeah, should try and see if my blood is awesome enough (probably anaemic, low sugar levels and all this crap though) and, if it is, well, I should start giving it regularly. =) Have to see where I can go to do that...

Also. I want to get on the organ donor list. I wish we just had an automatic one like in France. Meh!
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm anaemic. I totally would donate if not for that though.
Reply 12
im a AB+ so theres not really much point in me donating tbh even though i have done it a cpl times
I gave blood for the first two two weeks ago, and I fainted afterwards.

I'm B- though, so I'm going to try and go again.
Reply 14
I gave blood for the first time 11 days after my 17th birthday. My aim is to beat or at least match my Dads X amount of awards and donations. I'm slowly on track with 9! I get my new donor card soon! :biggrin:

I'm also on the bone marrow donor list! To the person who said it's painful, it all depends on what procedure that they do. From my research they commonly use the stem cell method.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Annie72

When they tell you you have to wait four months. They're lying, they recommend 4 months, you only actually HAVE to wait 12 weeks. :smile:

https://secure.blood.co.uk/c11_cant.asp

"You've already given blood in the last 12 weeks (normally, you must wait 16 weeks)."

I try to give blood every 3 months, mainly because I want a different coloured card to my current one. Some of them look pretty...
Reply 16
Ugh I really want to but I just can't. I tried once and I ended up kicking the nurse :sad:
Reply 17
I donate blood on every birthday for like 7 years
Reply 18
I would, but i hate needles. i dont think they can give you sedatives to give blood :O
I would but I can't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending