The Student Room Group

How to draw a scale plan? ?

Hi ,

Can anyone help me with drawing a scale plan ?

I basically have a free hand sketch of a room, (crime scene) and measured dimensions in cm on it. It contains a window, cupboard, walls, and a piece of evidence in middle of the room with measurements, the position of the evidence is shown by measuring two points from a baseline of the room(triangulation method) But I dont know how to make a scale for it :confused:

I looked on the internet but cannot find anything useful. Has anyone done something similar or same for thier forensic module?
Original post by Gamewizard

Hi ,

Can anyone help me with drawing a scale plan ?

I basically have a free hand sketch of a room, (crime scene) and measured dimensions in cm on it. It contains a window, cupboard, walls, and a piece of evidence in middle of the room with measurements, the position of the evidence is shown by measuring two points from a baseline of the room(triangulation method) But I dont know how to make a scale for it :confused:

I looked on the internet but cannot find anything useful. Has anyone done something similar or same for thier forensic module?

Surely you'd just choose a sensible factor to scale down to? Like if you chose 1/10, and the original room was 2m x 3m, then you'd draw a rectangle of 20cm by 30cm?

Possibly I've misunderstood or over-simplified.
Reply 2
Original post by Revd. Mike
Surely you'd just choose a sensible factor to scale down to? Like if you chose 1/10, and the original room was 2m x 3m, then you'd draw a rectangle of 20cm by 30cm?

Possibly I've misunderstood or over-simplified.

Yes i know you have to choose a factor but dont know which/how to choose, and i have got several dimensions/measurements in the room not just one standard measurement of the room :frown:

Yes i know you have to choose a factor but dont know which/how to choose, and i have got several dimensions/measurements in the room not just one standard measurement of the room :frown:

My guess would just be to choose a scale factor that proves reasonable to draw for all measurements. Maybe start with 1/10, and if that's too big for some/all measurements then try maybe 1/50. If that's too small, maybe try 1/25 etc. That would be my approach!
Reply 4
Original post by Revd. Mike
My guess would just be to choose a scale factor that proves reasonable to draw for all measurements. Maybe start with 1/10, and if that's too big for some/all measurements then try maybe 1/50. If that's too small, maybe try 1/25 etc. That would be my approach!

If i go for 1/50 then i have to double up my measurements for example, 1.8cm that would become 3.6 by multiplyin by 2. But it is still very small, so if was to choose 1/25 would that be bigger? and what number will I have to multiply by?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending