The Student Room Group

New study app to keep you focused

I’m looking to develop an app that automatically allocates study periods around your events. Like a personal companion that focuses with you. You enter your recurring events throughout the week, and it will find focus hours for today and tomorrow around these events.
I’d like to ask a few questions:
- Is there any particular feature you’d love to use?
- If this is useful to you, what situation are you currently in and how would it solve the problem?
- Is there anything you’d change about the concept?
Thanks for taking your time to read this, and feedback is greatly appreciated.
This would be perfect! I’ve been looking for something like this. I would love if there was a way to put in when we feel focused so that overtime it can pick the best times for us. Personally I suffer with my emotions quite a bit and a stressful situation so having this option sounds great!
Reply 2
Original post by Desperatetoleave
This would be perfect! I’ve been looking for something like this. I would love if there was a way to put in when we feel focused so that overtime it can pick the best times for us. Personally I suffer with my emotions quite a bit and a stressful situation so having this option sounds great!

Hi again!!
That sounds like a brilliant idea! Was also thinking about noting where you feel focused so combining those factors would create an optimal personal study plan!
Another feature I was considering for the far future - having the mobile version could allow for voluntary app restrictions - e.g. you opt into a study session on your laptop but then get distracted and open instagram on your phone but it'll say blocked by (APP NAME) with the option to end the study session early and gain access, of course.
Original post by azzot
Hi again!!
That sounds like a brilliant idea! Was also thinking about noting where you feel focused so combining those factors would create an optimal personal study plan!
Another feature I was considering for the far future - having the mobile version could allow for voluntary app restrictions - e.g. you opt into a study session on your laptop but then get distracted and open instagram on your phone but it'll say blocked by (APP NAME) with the option to end the study session early and gain access, of course.

Yes! I need this! I spend way too much time on tumblr when I am studying!
Reply 4
Original post by Desperatetoleave
Yes! I need this! I spend way too much time on tumblr when I am studying!

Here's the first prototype's design. I'm considering a prize draw for everyone who gives feedback, so please critique anything that comes to mind (apart from the looks as this is a rough design) including new features or changes! :smile:
(Click on the screen to see interactive parts)

https://www.figma.com/proto/2XimOeX6usr2AESt6U68Mn/A-bit-of-everything?type=design&node-id=3140-3509&t=7Wsr14C71seipm0u-0&scaling=scale-down&page-id=0%3A1&starting-point-node-id=3140%3A3509&show-proto-sidebar=1
Original post by azzot
I’m looking to develop an app that automatically allocates study periods around your events. Like a personal companion that focuses with you. You enter your recurring events throughout the week, and it will find focus hours for today and tomorrow around these events.
I’d like to ask a few questions:
- Is there any particular feature you’d love to use?
- If this is useful to you, what situation are you currently in and how would it solve the problem?
- Is there anything you’d change about the concept?
Thanks for taking your time to read this, and feedback is greatly appreciated.

That's a really great idea, it's definitely going to be useful. I sometimes find it hard to focus, so I think an app like that would be very helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest