The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

MSc Accounting, Finance and Management. Commute or accommodation?

Hey I plan on going to Bristol Uni for MSc Accounting, Finance and Management come October after getting an offer from them the other day. One dilemma I have is whether to commute or to stay in accommodation.

There are several factors to consider, the amount of days that I need to be in so I was hoping for anyone that does this course, if they can be really helpful as to tell me what their timetable is like then that will be great. Without a doubt if I have to be in 4-5 days a week then accommodation will certainly seem like the better option since if I commute then its 1 hour and 30min each way which personally I don’t mind if it’s like 2-3 days a week.

One reason that I don’t want to choose accommodation over commuting is because that the MSc course in reality only runs for around 25 weeks at a push and accommodation seems to run from September to September which is a waste of money for me when I’m not here during the holidays and funds is a really important factor for me.

If it all works out then I was wondering how is parking in the area near the uni? I’m not looking for places to park for free (even though that would be great) but if it’s really hard to find places to park that are within walking distance to the uni then the train might be a better option.

Don’t mind hearing from current students about driving / parking either :smile:

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by novadragon849
Hey I plan on going to Bristol Uni for MSc Accounting, Finance and Management come October after getting an offer from them the other day. One dilemma I have is whether to commute or to stay in accommodation.

There are several factors to consider, the amount of days that I need to be in so I was hoping for anyone that does this course, if they can be really helpful as to tell me what their timetable is like then that will be great. Without a doubt if I have to be in 4-5 days a week then accommodation will certainly seem like the better option since if I commute then its 1 hour and 30min each way which personally I don’t mind if it’s like 2-3 days a week.

One reason that I don’t want to choose accommodation over commuting is because that the MSc course in reality only runs for around 25 weeks at a push and accommodation seems to run from September to September which is a waste of money for me when I’m not here during the holidays and funds is a really important factor for me.

If it all works out then I was wondering how is parking in the area near the uni? I’m not looking for places to park for free (even though that would be great) but if it’s really hard to find places to park that are within walking distance to the uni then the train might be a better option.

Don’t mind hearing from current students about driving / parking either :smile:

Thanks

Re. parking- there's a huge multistory car park that serves the o2 and the Colston Hall that's within pretty easy walking distance to the uni...
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending