The Student Room Group

Confused between choosing a uni

I have received offers from University of Liverpool and Queen Mary University of London for MSc in finance and investment management. Which one is better?
Original post by Isha194
I have received offers from University of Liverpool and Queen Mary University of London for MSc in finance and investment management. Which one is better?

QMUL
Reply 2
can you please tell me why you are opting for QMUL? Is QMUL really worth it than Liverpool?

Original post by oprahwindfuryy
QMUL
Original post by Isha194
can you please tell me why you are opting for QMUL? Is QMUL really worth it than Liverpool?

QMUL's in london, so for finance and investment management, you'd find much better job opportunities. also, liverpool doesn't even match up to QMUL in terms of prestige - no one's heard of it outside the UK
Reply 4
QMUL's in london, so for finance and investment management, you'd find much better job opportunities. also, liverpool doesn't even match up to QMUL in terms of prestige - no one's heard of it outside the UK

I wouldn't expect QMUL to be well-known outside of the UK either
Original post by Isha194

Have you compared the course modules for each course to see which interests you more?

Studying in London is very expensive. Liverpool will be much cheaper.

https://www.whatuni.com/degrees/finance-and-investment-management-msc/university-of-liverpool/cd/57684398/3748/
https://www.whatuni.com/degrees/investment-and-finance-msc/queen-mary-university-of-london/cd/53154696/4644/
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Both of the universities have great modules. Liverpool has a slight advantage in that case as it has a triple crown accreditation that QMUL doesn't have.
Reply 7

I have offers from the following universities
Msc financial management- Birmingham university
Msc finance and investment- Liverpool University
Msc finance and investment Bristol university
Msc finance and accounting- Sheffield university
Msc finance Exeter university
Msc finance strathclyde university

Could you please help me choose which one would be best to land a job in finance sector? Which has the best employers?
I am scared about getting a job afterwards
i plan ob preparing for cfa as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending