The Student Room Group

How many hours do you revise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
none! i'm waiting for the easter holidays and the day before the exams :biggrin:
there's no point in me revising weeks before, i have such a bad memory, it's almost like i have no memory at all! :lol:
i've tried the whole revise weeks before. never works :frown:
Good luck you7me :wink:
I do like an hour or two a night, and I'm on top of my revision? Dunno why all you do so much?
Reply 23
I've "only" got four subjects this year; Maths, Spanish, History and Science (Combined). I took my English IGCSE (as a 1st language) last year and got an A*, but I feel like I was given a cheat sheet because our teacher went through an exam paper with us two days before the exam, telling us what kind of points they were looking for in each question. :tongue:

Anyways, I feel like Science is my biggest challenge right now, firstly because we only really started covering the syllabus after Christmas, and secondly because Science is (in my opinion, though not my teacher's, weirdly enough) my weakest area...

Oh, I should probably mention that in my school, IGCSE's are optional, so we have to cover the extra material (and revise) in our own time... Which sucks.

Anyways, getting back on-topic, I do a couple of random hours a week, generally working on whatever subject I'm most inspired to work on. :wink: However, I usually do the most on weekends, as I feel that it's easier to sit and work continuously for a couple of hours, plus I have more energy. :biggrin:

But I'm definitely going to up the studying now - all I have to do is make an efficient plan... at some point. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Implo
Haha I know right! Doesn't help that I'm behind so my teacher really hates me, and I'm forced to spend my 30mins morning registration in an art room, which really de-motivates me. Whats worse is me teacher has such a big go at me, when others are not that far ahead, they just talk to and kiss up to the teacher more. Man just thinking about it kills me inside, in fact I should be doing art work right now, but I would rather sit here and read through the forums lol. In fact I would also rather write a paragraph on how much I hate it and why, ARGHHHHH ART :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

haha wow, you have it bad dude.. you're art teacher seems like a pr!ick if I were to be honest x]
I do that alot too, I should be doing some art right now but reading through the forums is so much more fun, i dunno whyyy?!?! lol.
ive been revising since march, i probalbly could have started even earlier but art and graphics just took over i had so much coursework, but i think it was worth it as I am predicted to get 2 A* in art and an A in graphics so thats all good. Anyway once they were out of the way i have just knuckled down and have been doing between 5 to 10 hours of revision a day... YES 10 hours lol, my friends think im mad, but if i dont do well in my GCSES all I can say is that I tried my best, and revised as much as i could :smile:
Hi,

i am a gcse student. Finished all of my year 10 exams. And enjoying summer. I just have history medicine and French rev. Well French is just refreshing so im only going to spend 1 hour a day. It not compulsory by the teacher. But for history don't know. 2 hours of his so 3 all together. I wont be able to keep that up everyday from not till the end of the hols though. but of course i wont be revising everyday. I may break it up like one day 1 our of frenh and no his then the next 2 hours of his and another hour of his. dependss

How many hours of history should i do per day? ( its a mock in medicine gcse after summer, so 5-6 weeks away)

Quick Reply

Latest