The Student Room Group

A-levels

How hard actually is it to get 4A*'s for A-levels? like how much will I need to revise everyday and what GCSES grades shows that I can do it?(I am in y12 and am doing currently doing maths, further maths, computer science and physics), also any revision tips please?
Original post by Anonymous
How hard actually is it to get 4A*'s for A-levels? like how much will I need to revise everyday and what GCSES grades shows that I can do it?(I am in y12 and am doing currently doing maths, further maths, computer science and physics), also any revision tips please?

as someone doing maths, fm, physics and econ wanting to do cs

physics is good/fine/nothign really complicated

dont neglect normal maths just bc of further because the content is quite different at some parts so its easy to lose the maths for the further.

cant comment on the cs but am current on 3A* and A in fm
Reply 2
as someone doing maths, fm, physics and econ wanting to do cs

physics is good/fine/nothign really complicated

dont neglect normal maths just bc of further because the content is quite different at some parts so its easy to lose the maths for the further.

cant comment on the cs but am current on 3A* and A in fm

how much do you revise a day and what did you get on GCSES?(if u don't mind sharing)
hey, I got 9 9s and 1 8 in English Lang.

I probably revised about 5-7 hours a day ish during study leave (where I didn't have lessons).

currently in sixth form I have 6-7 hours of lessons a day and usually revise about 6-7 hours outside of lessons on weekdays.

its achievable for sure and I know people who revise less and get the same (if not better :frown: ) with less effort but of course requires some grinding

also I revised a bit less than this for y12 but still consistent work pays off in the long term
how much do you revise a day and what did you get on GCSES?(if u don't mind sharing)
Reply 4
hey, I got 9 9s and 1 8 in English Lang.

I probably revised about 5-7 hours a day ish during study leave (where I didn't have lessons).

currently in sixth form I have 6-7 hours of lessons a day and usually revise about 6-7 hours outside of lessons on weekdays.

its achievable for sure and I know people who revise less and get the same (if not better :frown: ) with less effort but of course requires some grinding

also I revised a bit less than this for y12 but still consistent work pays off in the long term

How many hours did you revise on school nights/weekends?
Reply 5
Original post by Flk10
How many hours did you revise on school nights/weekends?

not sure exactly but looking back at my forest app did about 70 hours per month studying.

i tended to study till about midnight or 1 ish most days but sleep in quite late.
Reply 6

Don’t neglect your cs course work, some of my friends have done that and are now regretting it
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending