The Student Room Group

is 4 months too late to get the grades i want?

Ive been revising since the 1st of jan, im doing around 6/7 hours per subject a week, i focus mostly on the core ones. Although i know i havent been revising for long i still think despite any revison ill fail as 4 months is a silly amount of time to get the grades i have to the grades i want.

for context, due to illness i missed school, although none of year 11 thankfully. Id guess im getting around 4s and 3s in the core subjects sadly, although i havent done mocks im going by how confident i am looking at those past papers.

Now i would really want 6s in those core subjects. I wouldnt want to aim too high though, but id be very pleased with 6s considoring my situation.

Please tell me if its possible? im so stressed i cant sleep!! i feel sick and shakey with worry.

thank you.

update;

grades now after revising 3 hours a day execpt on fridays :smile:!

english;5,5
science; 6 (need a 7 for a level)
rs;7
maths; predicted a 6
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lola929988
Ive been revising since the 1st of jan, im doing around 6/7 hours per subject a week, i focus mostly on the core ones. Although i know i havent been revising for long i still think despite any revison ill fail as 4 months is a silly amount of time to get the grades i have to the grades i want.

for context, due to illness i missed school, although none of year 11 thankfully. Id guess im getting around 4s and 3s in the core subjects sadly, although i havent done mocks im going by how confident i am looking at those past papers.

Now i would really want 6s in those core subjects. I wouldnt want to aim too high though, but id be very pleased with 6s considoring my situation.

Please tell me if its possible? im so stressed i cant sleep!! i feel sick and shakey with worry.

thank you.

The 3s and 4s are my predicted grades last year for more info. Thanks.
Reply 2
yes! you have a lot of time just focus currently on making your revision resources like flashcards that you may use or learning content that you might have forgotten by watching videos. also don’t neglect exam practice & you should be fine x
Reply 3
Original post by luvhmuni
yes! you have a lot of time just focus currently on making your revision resources like flashcards that you may use or learning content that you might have forgotten by watching videos. also don’t neglect exam practice & you should be fine x

hi I am currently doing my combined science gcsse this may-june but i dont know some of the content so i am currently making digital anki flashcards and will then quickly go over the topics and then use my flashcards to help me remember is this effective and do i have enough time for this ? as there are so many topics for each science

ps i also missed year 10 due to some issues
Reply 4

thank you.

i feel you i also missed last year bit not this year and i am in fear good luck
Reply 5
Original post by s_19969

hi I am currently doing my combined science gcsse this may-june but i dont know some of the content so i am currently making digital anki flashcards and will then quickly go over the topics and then use my flashcards to help me remember is this effective and do i have enough time for this ? as there are so many topics for each science

ps i also missed year 10 due to some issues

yess you have time! just try to do atleast 3hrs per day of revision & make a schedule: for combined science i recommend free science lessons or cognito to learn content & use physics and maths tutor for notes/make flashcards from that & textbook. also use PMT for exam questions

thank you.

you absolutely have enough time! the amount of work you are currently putting in seems decent (you can always do more but don't push yourself too hard) - ensure that for now you are learning all the necessary content (anki, quizlet, writing notes and testing yourself, teaching others, recording yourself talking about a topic and listening back to it, watching videos and writing any concepts you don't know, reviewing, active recall).

by early/mid march move on SLOWLY to exam practice. make sure you don't burn yourself out!!
continue with content revision but by april you should be banging out those past papers.

which subjects are you taking (and exam boards)? i have many many resources i can share with you and i can try give you a hand with any of your subjects if you need - i have a billion notes from my gcses. hope this helped! x
Reply 7
Original post by alspals2006
you absolutely have enough time! the amount of work you are currently putting in seems decent (you can always do more but don't push yourself too hard) - ensure that for now you are learning all the necessary content (anki, quizlet, writing notes and testing yourself, teaching others, recording yourself talking about a topic and listening back to it, watching videos and writing any concepts you don't know, reviewing, active recall).

by early/mid march move on SLOWLY to exam practice. make sure you don't burn yourself out!!
continue with content revision but by april you should be banging out those past papers.

which subjects are you taking (and exam boards)? i have many many resources i can share with you and i can try give you a hand with any of your subjects if you need - i have a billion notes from my gcses. hope this helped! x

thank you!
heres what im doing at the moment in terms of resources!
Im taking edexcel higher maths, at the moment im using maths genie 2 hours a day
For higher edexcel biology im using save my exams to make flashcards and do there questions, for an hour to 2 hours a day.
for english im doing aqa past papers and past paper questions for a hour a day. (2 on weekends)
Thats all the subjects i need to up my grades in :smile:!
(edited 3 months ago)
thank you!
heres what im doing at the moment in terms of resources!
Im taking edexcel higher maths, at the moment im using maths genie 2 hours a day
For higher edexcel biology im using save my exams to make flashcards and do there questions, for an hour to 2 hours a day.
for english im doing aqa past papers and past paper questions for a hour a day. (2 on weekends)
Thats all the subjects i need to up my grades in :smile:!

hey! im a year 13 student, i think u will be absolutely fine please dont worry too much
4 months is more than enough, especially considering how many hours ur managing to do, thats great well done
heres some stuff i did that i think may help for the subjects u mentioned:

maths: maths genie/pmt do past paper questions and refer to the mark scheme, they pretty much use the same kind of questions each year but just change them up a bit so memorise the answer techniques

biology: save my exams is good, but you should try out pmt, it has a lot of revision notes for the topics there but i promisie you theres nothing better than just practising past exam questions, its the same as what i said for maths (also watch freesciencelessons for stuff u dont understand hes great)

english: this may not work for you but I think for english doing past paper questions isnt as helpful, instead, you can make notes on the books for english lit, memorise points you think you can explain well, for english language practise exam question structure a lot (a youtuber i loved for english was Mr Bruff)

I hope this helped, but it is different for everyone so do what you believe is best for you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by 77existing.
hey! im a year 13 student, i think u will be absolutely fine please dont worry too much
4 months is more than enough, especially considering how many hours ur managing to do, thats great well done
heres some stuff i did that i think may help for the subjects u mentioned:

maths: maths genie/pmt do past paper questions and refer to the mark scheme, they pretty much use the same kind of questions each year but just change them up a bit so memorise the answer techniques

biology: save my exams is good, but you should try out pmt, it has a lot of revision notes for the topics there but i promisie you theres nothing better than just practising past exam questions, its the same as what i said for maths (also watch freesciencelessons for stuff u dont understand hes great)

english: this may not work for you but I think for english doing past paper questions isnt as helpful, instead, you can make notes on the books for english lit, memorise points you think you can explain well, for english language practise exam question structure a lot (a youtuber i loved for english was Mr Bruff)

I hope this helped, but it is different for everyone so do what you believe is best for you :smile:

thank you so much! i wasnt sure how to revise for english so this is great. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest