The Student Room Group

Glasgow Common Law Offers 2024

Hey! I just got a conditional offer today from Glasgow for common law but the offer stated the following: ‘LNAT score that meets acceptable minimum score threshold, which will be determined after the UCAS Equal Consideration deadline on 31 January 2024'
Does anyone happen to know what does that mean exactly? As I have already taken the LNAT, does that mean my LNAT was fine and as long as I can get AAA, my place can be secured? Or does that mean Glasgow hasn't received my LNAT score yet, and they may recall my offer if my LNAT score was bad?
thank you so much in advance😭
Reply 1
Original post by Jenna Hansley
Hey! I just got a conditional offer today from Glasgow for common law but the offer stated the following: ‘LNAT score that meets acceptable minimum score threshold, which will be determined after the UCAS Equal Consideration deadline on 31 January 2024'
Does anyone happen to know what does that mean exactly? As I have already taken the LNAT, does that mean my LNAT was fine and as long as I can get AAA, my place can be secured? Or does that mean Glasgow hasn't received my LNAT score yet, and they may recall my offer if my LNAT score was bad?

i got the same!! i have absolutely no idea but since all the unis have LNAT scores now im hoping that the score was just good enough? 🤞🤞 good luck either way x

Congrats on your offer!
I also got an offer from Glasgow Common Law with the condition of my LNAT score meeting the minimum score threshold, then a few days later UCAS told me there had been an update. I checked and that requirement went away and only the grades remained. I'm assuming that means my LNAT score was fine. Let me know if this happens to you too.
(I'm home student, non-contextual)
Reply 3
Original post by ello-ello-ello

Congrats on your offer!
I also got an offer from Glasgow Common Law with the condition of my LNAT score meeting the minimum score threshold, then a few days later UCAS told me there had been an update. I checked and that requirement went away and only the grades remained. I'm assuming that means my LNAT score was fine. Let me know if this happens to you too.

OMG congratulations on yours too!! I’m a non-contextual international student! Unfortunately my offer did not have any further updates, except that Glasgow sent me another email once again stating the offer conditions. (i.e. my LNAT score meeting minimum threshold) But I got a scholarship offer from Glasgow yesterday, saying that if I accept their offer as firm choice and achieve the grades they wanted, I could get the scholarship. So that’s why I’m really confused and also worried right now, I’m not sure if they would call back my offer if they found out my LNAT score is bad after 31st Jan, but also it would be a bit weird since they already offered me a scholarship? 😭
Reply 4
Original post by keira7878

i got the same!! i have absolutely no idea but since all the unis have LNAT scores now im hoping that the score was just good enough? 🤞🤞 good luck either way x

yes same omg I’m so worried about LNAT but hey good luck to you too!! I saw some people have their conditional offers edited a few days later with the original LNAT requirement removed, does that happen to yours too?
Reply 5

yes same omg I’m so worried about LNAT but hey good luck to you too!! I saw some people have their conditional offers edited a few days later with the original LNAT requirement removed, does that happen to yours too?
nope nothing yet 😭 any changes on yours?
Reply 6
Original post by keira7878

nope nothing yet 😭 any changes on yours?

no there isn’t any changes or updates for mine either😭 I hope that doesn’t mean my score is bad or borderline oh gosh:frown:
Congrats on your offer!

OMG congratulations on yours too!! I’m a non-contextual international student! Unfortunately my offer did not have any further updates, except that Glasgow sent me another email once again stating the offer conditions. (i.e. my LNAT score meeting minimum threshold) But I got a scholarship offer from Glasgow yesterday, saying that if I accept their offer as firm choice and achieve the grades they wanted, I could get the scholarship. So that’s why I’m really confused and also worried right now, I’m not sure if they would call back my offer if they found out my LNAT score is bad after 31st Jan, but also it would be a bit weird since they already offered me a scholarship? 😭
I think if they have sent the scholarship email then it is really unlikely they will take away the offer! I've seen online that they accept lower lnat scores and there isn't that much competition for places. Hopefully that means we both get in :smile:)

You could get 3 A* and the LNAT might not be what they want. (It is a moving feast! Some have lower LNAT scores - which some would argue are a test of nothing!). Recommend getting good A level (or equivalent) grades and fighting with the university for your place.
Reply 9
Hey applied to common law at Glasgow and got an unconditional offer today!! So super happy about that!
Original post by Sisco-011
Hey applied to common law at Glasgow and got an unconditional offer today!! So super happy about that!

That's amazing, well done!
Reply 11
Thanks!! But I was kinda confused cause I applied through common app and I was only predicted the grades, I haven't yet achieved them.
Thanks!! But I was kinda confused cause I applied through common app and I was only predicted the grades, I haven't yet achieved them.

Oh that seems kinda weird.

Sorry about my previous reply! I was thinking about it there and I don't even know what the common app is tbh 🤣 I'm all oh that's weird, it may not be at all. Was just the fact you don't have grades and have an unconditional that confused me.

If you need any help, I'd start a thread where it will get noticed, there's loads of knowledgeable folk on here who are super helpful. Sorry again!

Congratulations!! You did great!

Congratulations!
Reply 16
Heyyy im just got an offer that says "plus LNAT score that meets acceptable minimum score threshold." so similar to the one you guys got. Have you guys gotten in still?? or did they remove your offer?? I got a 22 by the way. any help would be much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending