Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petitflam)
    it says their ages, if you bothered to read it. one of the men was 21.
    i don't know any 12 year olds who look old enough to be having sex with.
    just because you dont know any, it doesn't mean they dont exist.

21*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wayne4)
    just because you dont know any, it doesn't mean they dont exist.

21*
    im sure there's one 12 year old who does = that doesnt change the fact that most dont.

either way, the law's the law. statutory rape for having sex with under 13s. 'she was gagging for it' unfortunately doesnt cut it.

stop hanging around schools?

ReputationRep:
    I worked as a classroom assistant, so yes.
    That's what they're calling it these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatedSpades)
    There shouldn't have been any remorse, the girls were stupid for doing such a thing, they could have been killed or anything
    They could have been killed? How did you work that one out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    That's what they're calling it these days.
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    Not all of them were footballers. And none of them play professional football.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Not all of them were footballers. And none of them play professional football.

Pathetic.
    That's the pathetic part to you??

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    As has been said the term footballer has been a bit misused.

Although I doubt they thought a 12 year old was over 16, I think the law should account for girls & guys lying about their ages. I mean if a girl was 15, it would be hard to tell, what are you going to do get her to a room and ask for ID?

ReputationRep:
    This is NOT rape. If anything, the girls initiated it and they should be prosecuted just as harshly.

If a girl approached you claiming to be 16, and literally asked you to have sex with her, I'd say a good number of people would do it.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's really unfair considering the girls lied about their ages.

As others have said, it seems men will have to ask for ID before they have sex; as if the woman lies, the man is unbelievably still at fault.

ReputationRep:
    At first when I read the headline I was like "What horrible guys! Lock 'em up!" Then I read it... Two girls come up to you and your five guy mates and say they want to have sex with you all and that they're sixteen...okay it's dumb to do it, but they're guys, they thought they were being offered free legal sex, they were hardly gonna say no. I feel a bit bad for them now - I guess guys you're gonna have to start asking girls for ID.

ReputationRep:
    it says their ages, if you bothered to read it. one of the men was 21.
    i don't know any 12 year olds who look old enough to be having sex with.
    I do! I met my friend's sister who was in year seven at her 18th birthday meal, and thought she was seventeen, not eleven/twelve. It was shocking how old she looked. Even so, they could have said "we look young for our age" and they weren't about to ID them were they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leodora)
    I do! I met my friend's sister who was in year seven at her 18th birthday meal, and thought she was seventeen, not eleven/twelve. It was shocking how old she looked. Even so, they could have said "we look young for our age" and they weren't about to ID them were they?
    the sister was in year 7 at her 18th birthday meal?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. :/ 12 years old? They shouldn't have lied about their ages really. Both parties are at fault. I suddenly feel very old and jaded at my shock about the 12 year old who wasn't originally a virgin. Bloody hell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisraymondsmith)
    He said he accepted the leading girl was willing and, despite only being 12 years old, had not been a virgin at the time.
    Welcome to modern society folks, it's only gonna get worse.

Seriously what the hell is up with that.

ReputationRep:
    this is really unfair, because of those two stupid brats, those footballer's future is riuned.

ReputationRep:
    the sister was in year 7 at her 18th birthday meal?!
    Yeah lol she brought both her sisters, older and younger - obviously didn't take her clubbing after lol but she blended right in! My friend who has a brother the same age couldn't believe it. We were like "they could go out!". But they really couldn't....she'd look paedophilic

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprised someone hasn't tried to blame the Muslims for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    How can you confuse a 12 year old with a 16 year old? I didn't even know what a blowjob was when I was 12. Hell, I didn't even have boobs. Disgusting.
    I have seen some pretty developed 12 year olds, hell, there is a girl in my sister's year 6 class with massive boobs. And then, not all 16 year olds have boobs - even at 20 I don't have any, so it's not exactly a criteria of looking older.
    I do feel sorry for the guys. I mean, if they genuinely looked old enough and the girls did lie, then they are now in massive trouble because of what a group of immature kids did. Yes, it was rape, but the girls led the men on, lied to them and let it happen. I may seem harsh, but they deserve to be punished too :dontknow:.
    I'm not saying what the guys did was right, but I don't find them "animals" like the sun is suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    I went to my dads work with him today and went for a walk with one of the nurses whom I've known for a few years. We ended up at that place with all the babies and you can look out at all of them.

Then I come home and read this ? I can't understand what happens to a girl in 11 years to make her go from the cute little babies I've seen today to become what this girl has become. It's absolutely vile.

Feel so sorry for the parents as well. I mean it has clearly been mentioned that the dad was trying to stop them from leaving. Imagine how he must feel ? He failed to stop his daughter from going out and she has sex with 5 men around 10 years older than her.

This kind of stuff makes me not want to have kids. Seriously, it's depressing as hell for me. I was overcome by baby fever today but never mind the fact some children become like this, how do you bring a child into a world that is even like this ?

I'm sat here in absolute disbelief at that article.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.