The Student Room Group

Gaddafi forces has entered benghazi!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by bestofyou
The Provos are branded terrorists by a government whos army killed 1000's of Irish civilians (and civilians of other nations to) over the years. As the song goes:

And you dare to call me a terrorist
While you look down your gun
When I think of all the deeds that you have done -
You have plundered many nations
Divided many lands
You have terrorized their people
You ruled with an iron hand
And you brought this reign of terror to my land

Since the country was divided in 1922, catholics were burnt of of there homes, fired from jobs by the unionist gov. They became 2nd class citizens in their own country.

Times didn't change, in the 1960's/70's 2-3 large catholic families were living in one house, a protestant familiy of 3/4 would have a nice 3/4 bedroom house.

Voting was based on the number of property you had, 3 catholic families get 1 vote, one protestant family get 4 votes for example.

For elections constituencies were subject to gerrymandering by the unionists to ensure that few nationalist MP's were elected.

If the British gov. imposed a similar authority it Scotland, I can bet that you would support the extremists fighting for your freedom.

The wars over mate, the ira gave up arms over ten years ago and took up dipolmacy. I suggest you go to homebase get some filler and fill that chip one your shoulder.

Also this has got absolutely nothing to do with ireland and it's issues. It's about stopping wide spread rape, oppression and genocide by a quite obviously crazy dictator. Just because you hate the british doesn't mean what they are doing is wrong.
Reply 81
Original post by U.S Lecce
The wars over mate, the ira gave up arms over ten years ago and took up dipolmacy. I suggest you go to homebase get some filler and fill that chip one your shoulder.

Also this has got absolutely nothing to do with ireland and it's issues. It's about stopping wide spread rape, oppression and genocide by a quite obviously crazy dictator. Just because you hate the british doesn't mean what they are doing is wrong.

I would ignore him, he wasnt even alive during the mina problems (recently) in Ireland.
BBC news link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12793919

Cease fire my arse!!

The rebels have managed to shoot down a govt fighter jet, Cameron sarkozy & un officials are meeting in Paris for what the their first move should be.

Gaddafi claims he's fighting al queeda (spelling?)..... Crazy fool! :rofl:

Idiot, the fighter belonged to the rebels last I heard.

These aren't civilians being attacked by a crazy regime, they are insurgents that need to be eliminated. I honestly don't get why Cameron would risk having the whole of north Africa run by Muslim extremists.
Reply 83
Original post by imperial maniac
Idiot, the fighter belonged to the rebels last I heard.

These aren't civilians being attacked by a crazy regime, they are insurgents that need to be eliminated. I honestly don't get why Cameron would risk having the whole of north Africa run by Muslim extremists.

Firstly there's no need to call me an idiot, secondly if you actually bother reading my next posts i have stated that it was a rebel plane. At first the sources were claiming it was a libyan plane though, i can only go on the information i read.

Muslim extremists? Where are you getting this one from?
Reply 84
I said I didn't mind Gaddafi because he armed the organisation that I partly owe my vote to today. Then you come of calling me a terrorist sympathiser.

I am not living in the past, and don't hope a return to the old days, I have no support whatsoever for the R.IRA's campaign today. Many of my good friends to day are protestant.

The nations involved in the intervention have a dislike against Gaddafi's view towards them. It's a ****ing civil war, why should there be a call for intervention? The rebels are on one side, but on the other side are the same people, the only difference if they want Gaddafi to stay. Prehaps the west should respect that there are two sides in this war. The voices of the rebels don't speak for all of Libyia.

As I've already stated I don't care if Gaddafi is overthrown. I admire the revolutionaires fighting for their freedom. I just said I don't mind Gaddafi and ended up giving some narrow minded scot every detail why I don't mind him

What are you talking about the 'west' is not going in to take over libya, all they are doing is stopping the humanitarian crisis and allowing the people to decide for themselves. How can you not understand that.

"narrow minded scot", people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
Prehaps you shouldn't call me a terrorist and I wouldn't of juded you as narrow minded.

The people of Libya have already decided, so want/don't want Gaddafi, now they are fighting a war.

Not everywhere in the world gets things done by sitting round a table.

Whos to say that the new gov. in Libya is going to be a good one?

They will get into power, say they are going to change for the better, find out it's harder than waving a magic stick then just sit back in their palaces and the the coin roll in.
Firstly there's no need to call me an idiot, secondly if you actually bother reading my next posts i have stated that it was a rebel plane. At first the sources were claiming it was a libyan plane though, i can only go on the information i read.

Muslim extremists? Where are you getting this one from?

It's pretty obvious that there will be a power vacuum if gaddafi leaves power, which leaves it open for an even worse dictator to take charge, one which could possibly be anti-west, which isn't desirable in the slightest.
Reply 87
It's pretty obvious that there will be a power vacuum if gaddafi leaves power, which leaves it open for an even worse dictator to take charge, one which could possibly be anti-west, which isn't desirable in the slightest.

Gaddafi is anti-west, that is the point, the west will make sure the rebels win....however long it takes and make sure who ever gets in charge knows of there help and is pro west.
Reply 88
Prehaps you shouldn't call me a terrorist and I wouldn't of juded you as narrow minded.

The people of Libya have already decided, so want/don't want Gaddafi, now they are fighting a war.

Not everywhere in the world gets things done by sitting round a table.

Whos to say that the new gov. in Libya is going to be a good one?

They will get into power, say they are going to change for the better, find out it's harder than waving a magic stick then just sit back in their palaces and the the coin roll in.

I never called you a terrorist, i said you sympathised with terrorists, which the ira were. People who support muslim findamentalist terrorists could argue the same arguments as you, it still doesn't justify their actions.

So you suggest the world just sits back and watches thousands of people get slaughtered? You really don't understand the level of atrocity that would happen if the UN doesn't step in. The majority of people in libya want gaddafi gone, he is a dictator and an opressor, and there is no place in this world for people like him.

Yeh perhaps you are right the new govt will be a bad one, but at least let the majority of the libyan people devcide the govt instead of a small minority forcing it upon them.
W!

Looking back on my comments I come across a bit of a dick. I take back the narrow minded scot statment. The truth, I really don't care what happens in Libya as far as who stays/wins power goes.

And, I'm not anti-british either. I'm just anti-britsh gov. You would be to if you were raised here, so I hope you don't hold that against me.
Reply 90

Again yeh this is a possibilty, but it doesn't mean it will happen. This rebelion so far has suggested that if they win possibly a more stable govt will be introduced. If there is a chance to bring stability to the region and a govt that will be in our interests and make the world a safer place for the west and arab nations a like, then i think we should take that chance.
I never called you a terrorist, i said you sympathised with terrorists, which the ira were. People who support muslim findamentalist terrorists could argue the same arguments as you, it still doesn't justify their actions.

So you suggest the world just sits back and watches thousands of people get slaughtered? You really don't understand the level of atrocity that would happen if the UN doesn't step in. The majority of people in libya want gaddafi gone, he is a dictator and an opressor, and there is no place in this world for people like him.

Yeh perhaps you are right the new govt will be a bad one, but at least let the majority of the libyan people devcide the govt instead of a small minority forcing it upon them.

No do understand it, I was just being stubborn after Irish history was brought into it. I don't want another Rwanda, and if the UN actually grows a set and steps in at least they won't repeat that.
Reply 92
Looking back on my comments I come across a bit of a dick. I take back the narrow minded scot statment. The truth, I really don't care what happens in Libya as far as who stays/wins power goes.

And, I'm not anti-british either. I'm just anti-britsh gov. You would be to if you were raised here, so I hope you don't hold that against me.

Fair enough mate.
Reply 93
Original post by Lord_Farquad
LET'S DO THIS!

see sig for further info

what sig?
sigs are disabled.
Reply 94
Original post by Josh_Dey
what sig?
sigs are disabled.

For you maybe.
Reply 95
Original post by ussumane
For you maybe.

how?
Can you see my sig?
Any way too fix this haha :biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by T.I.
Perhaps he is popular from fear, e.g. Hussain, Hitler, etc etc

Neither of those leaders were considerably popular from fear.

In fact, Hitler was democratically elected with enormous support from the pan-Germanic peoples (prior to his abolition of the autonomous Länder).
Reply 97
Original post by DJkG.1
Neither of those leaders were considerably popular from fear.

In fact, Hitler was democratically elected with enormous support from the pan-Germanic peoples (prior to his abolition of the autonomous Länder).

When he was in power all that changed tho, The German people did not know what was gonig to happen.

I now know for a fact that Gaddafi is hated by 95% of his own people.

We should just drop a load of bombs/ missiles where he is staying.

The libyan people dont care if a few hundered civilians die, they want him dead.
Reply 98
Original post by T.I.
When he was in power all that changed tho, The German people did not know what was gonig to happen.

I now know for a fact that Gaddafi is hated by 95% of his own people.

We should just drop a load of bombs/ missiles where he is staying.

The libyan people dont care if a few hundered civilians die, they want him dead.

*the rest of 5% people* are celebrating the crash of the US F-15 fighter. btw, how do you get the number of 95%?

Reply 99
Original post by FineSalt
*the rest of 5% people* are celebrating the crash of the US F-15 fighter. btw, how do you get the number of 95%?

I ve been talking at length today to one of my tutors at uni, He is from Libya, and coincedently Egypt.

He has familly located in both Gadaffi and rebel controlled land who he is in contact with.

So I take what he says about the situation as a reliable source.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending