The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Finished off Dragon crisis. Cheesy ending, but nice enough show. Glad I picked it up after initially avoiding it.

Was made slightly less enjoyable by CR showing a portal 2 advert 5 time during the 20 minute run (ended up giving up watching the end credits)
Future Diary/Mirai Nikki TV Anime Confirmed for Fall

The Japanese publisher Kadokawa Shoten confirmed that the television anime adaptation of Sakae Esuno's Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) manga will premiere this fall. Naoto Hosoda is directing the anime at the anime studio asread. Katsuhiko Takayama is supervising the series scripts, and Eiji Hirayama is designing the characters with Ruriko Watanabe. The cast is as follows:

Misuzu Togashi as Yukiteru Amano
Tomosa Murata as Yuno Gasai
Mai Aizawa as Minene Ury?
Manami Honda as Muru-Muru

The manga already inspired a "pilot" anime that came bundled with the 11th manga volume on a premium anime DVD on December 25. Tokyopop published the 10th manga volume in North America on April 12, just days before announcing that its North American publishing operations will end next month. The 12th and final volume of the manga is shipping in Japan on April 26.

I actually found this out via Anime-Planet; ANN only added this news article about 40 minutes ago so it's obviously a new announcement, yet A-P already has an entry for it. If only they were this fast all the time. :giggle:

Question: is any anime adaptation worth looking forward to if its being produced by asread? :yucky:
(edited 13 years ago)
Meh, I guess they have Ga Rei Zero, even if they did work with AIC on that...

A day of dodgy internet allowed me to get from episode 10 to 26 of Kare Kano, finally finishing the series. It felt like the last two eps of Evangelion all over again... weird show.

I'll be starting Mayoi Neko Overrun next, the first series from last year that I skipped over but am now returning to. :biggrin:
i hated how they ended Kare Kano like that :rant: :lolwut: :sad: makes me wana read the manga :poke:

ep 3 of Kaiji 2, could see that coming, lol @ the chances of that happening :p: gambling :no:
Reply 544
Original post by Facticity
Errm looking at the list anyway, as I predicted, you've read most of what I have and far more :tongue:

Truthfully, I've read more than my A-P list implies because, as mentioned, it's not up to date. :redface: :tongue:

I see you've stalled the Katekyoushi Hitman series in your anime list, I would say you should go for the manga, I find the art to be very crisp and clean and I'm always impressed with the artist. Not just the art, the story and action is quite good also and I found the manga to be better for the action than the anime though obviously the humour can be fleshed out a lot better in the anime.

I've been meaning to resume the manga and to finish off the anime adaptation of this for some time. Your suggestion will provide the extra incentive to do so. :smile:

I'd say go for the Beelzebub manga as well, in my opinion, it is better than the anime. It is very funny, and despite (much like Katekyo) taking a while to kick in, it has a good story behind it.

I saw the first few episodes of the anime adaptation and I'll admit that while it seemed amusing, it didn't really appeal to me (quite conversely, it prompted me to revisit the anime adaptation of Daa! Daa! Daa! instead). If the manga is better, I'll give it a try, absolutely.

I'd definitely say you should finish off FullMetal Alchemist. I quite liked the ending, i'm not sure if you dropped it for pacing problems or just the story, but if its the former then you should have no problems towards the last 1/3 of it.

It's clearly a good series, and its popularity is understandable, but personally I never connected to the story or the characters. I'm not sure why, really. During the first anime adaptation, I managed to get through it, but I wasn't overly impressed, whereas conversely Brotherhood, which followed the manga faithfully, was definitely a lot better. Ideally, I'd like to read something that I'm not familiar with at all, but I'll consider picking up the FMA manga again.

I would recommend the Elfen Lied manga, it has a different end to the anime seeing as the anime aired before the novel finished, so if you liked elfen lied anime (leaving aside the excessive nudity) I would say try that.

I enjoyed the anime adaptation, even though I don't quite share the same admiration as some of the other members here. Still, I'll give this a read. :smile:

I'd recommend you resume Liar Game, it gets really interesting as it proceeds.

Absolutely, I was actually reading this before I decided to take my hiatus from manga, so it's highly likely I'll get back to this series. :smile:

I would say to read Psyren, a shonen but a very different type which I quite enjoyed but which also sadly ended at 145 chapters.

I read about this series when it first came out and deduced that it was only a matter of time until it received an anime adaptation. Looks fun, despite its modest length for a shounen of its ilk, so I'll pick this up, thanks. :smile:

I would recommend Code Breaker also quite, an odd but interesting series and typical shonen style.

From my recollection, this manga is by the person responsible for Samurai Deeper Kyo. I can't remember her name offhand, but as mentioned, I do remember that the mangaka was female (as I do for any female shounen artist/author). :tongue: Will pick this up. :smile:

If you want something more light and perhaps comedy/slice/romance Dengeki Daisy or for a more serious romance/drama/action, I"s.

I've actually read both of these, but have obviously postponed them. May consider resuming Dengeki Daisy.

I saw you've read GTO but you haven't read the following GTO: Shonan 14 Days, I would highly recommend that, I enjoyed the original quite a lot and this one seems to be very good.

I saw you have read Doubt, if you liked that, then I would strongly recommend on the sequel called Judge. It only just started last year so only has about 10 chapters but I think its pretty good - Its worth checking out. The chapters are long as well being a monthly release.

Both of these were more or less released during my hiatus, so I obviously didn't pick these up. Will do so now, thanks. :smile:

There are some older series I could recommend but you said you'd prefer something newer - but if you don't mind something old, then something like Angel Densetsu would be good, the art is initially off-putting however it is rife with comedy and that keeps it going.

I've actually read this, it's a good recommendation. :smile:

I'd highly recommend Mirai Niki which is less shonen and more supernatural/philosophical, a lot of thinking occurs :tongue: But nonetheless I found it extremely interesting.

Hmm, on the contrary, I didn't really enjoy this, and stopped reading it altogether a couple of years back. I may reconsider, but admittedly, I'd rather read the aforementioned over this.

If you liked Death Note, then I would definitely say go for MPD Psycho, similar in the way it works and was just as popular when Death Note was being released. This even spawned a Live Action (much like death note).

Actually, I have read this up to around chapter 60, thereabouts. It's just one of the many that I couldn't add when I first started inputting what I had seen on A-P because it wasn't there. It was a good series, so I'll definitely be picking this up again. :smile:

I'd highly recommend all of these series. They're quite varied so you should find at least one, if not a few, which you like :tongue:

That was tough, you've read a lot of manga but this should suffice :smile: Sorry again for the delay!

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed list of recommendations, it's appreciated. As you say, it's a varied list, which is even better. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 545
Ah, so the last episodes of Madoka finally came out. For some reason I feel apprehensive about watching them lol.
Reply 546
Original post by Susant

Original post by Susant
Ah, so the last episodes of Madoka finally came out. For some reason I feel apprehensive about watching them lol.

ep 11 is 643mb :lolwut: file sizes these days
Reply 547
Original post by vin
ep 11 is 643mb :lolwut: file sizes these days

You guys mostly download right? As long as I can see what's happening I'm not too fussed about quality so I just stream :smile:

edit: Oh yeah, I also finished watching it. Even the ending messed me up. I'm not sure whether I think I liked or hated it. Maybe I'll sleep on it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 548
300 anime watched:proud:
Reply 549
Hajime no ippo and gantz are awesome atm :coma:
Reply 550
Madoka ending

Spoiler

Arghh, need to get my head straight. Some A-channel might help.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 551
Madoke ended well I think:hmmmm: lots of new questions

Spoiler

Reply 552
Aiko
:blah:

yyh :mmm:

Spoiler

Reply 553
I'm going to read the whole berserk manga+eden its a endless world=revision can wait Muahahaha.
Reply 554
Original post by vin
yyh :mmm:

Spoiler

Haha, yeah, I remember his demise. He wasn't a nice character anyway, so such an end was befitting. :giggle:

I've been watching DB Kai and I'm loving it. Goku is such a great character and I can't help but laugh at some of the things that happen. It's so nostalgic to watch, all the more so with this remastered version. :smile:
Reply 555
Just found this:mmm: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/interest/2011-03-18/shinbo-tomino-want-to-do-new-madoka-magica-ideon Shinbo would like to make a nice slice of life version of Madoka :giggle:
Reply 556
I'm finally up to date with One Piece :smile:

To keep to date every week? or to leave and marathon the next arc?
Deadman Wonderland ep 2 was pretty good, following the manga pretty accurately, though I was disappointed about the amount of censoring - I imagine it will affect some of the later fights pretty heavily.
Reply 558
Just finished School Council's Discretion, really enjoyed it, a great change from the slight disappointment which was Nogizaka haruka no himitsu: Purezza, however I'm struggling to find a new series to look at, probably should get back to Ah my Goddess which I mercilessly abandoned for the bright shiny lights of a more recent animation!
Reply 559
The censoring in Deadman Wonderland is a touch concerning, these early episodes aren't even the most violent of the fights......wonder what they're going to do about the Carnival Corpse stuff.

Latest