The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Episode 2 is free from it :woo:

Also, sciency magazine? :unimpressed:
Reply 581
I've just finished watching episode 50 of DB Kai. It's been a long time since I've had the inclination to marathon through something so quickly like this. A testament to how addictive and entertaining the series is. I have a feeling I won't be watching much else until I finish it either. :redface:
Reply 582
Original post by Truered
Ok for people who have watched Steins gate, was there a kind of interference like sound in the background during the episode? I'm using earphones, so can hear it constantly- have no such thing when testing with a random youtube video, and nothing during the shows OP, but it's constantly there, and after 12 minutes it's starting to piss me off.

I can only assume I have an iffy file, or it was added into the background to be offputting, or indicate something was up or something.

Whatever the reason, it really is pissing me off, and I'm currently watching it muted :awesome:

Original post by vin
yes it was in the first ep only, but was actually in the crunchyroll stream too :s: and it wasnt on during the Op so was clearly intentional:unimpressed:

Everything in ep1 of Steins;Gate was carefully crafted to put the viewer on edge - the white noise in the background, the constantly jumping perspective, the bleached colour palate and the neurotic narration all come together in a glorious jumble - I thought it was very cleverly done :yes:
Reply 583
Original post by caraniel

Everything in ep1 of Steins;Gate was carefully crafted to put the viewer on edge - the white noise in the background, the constantly jumping perspective, the bleached colour palate and the neurotic narration all come together in a glorious jumble - I thought it was very cleverly done :yes:

we watched it in the lecture theatre at animoo so it was at highest volume and quite noticable over the speakers, some found it annoying and thought there was some kind of issue with the hardware :hmmm:

oh yeah
when did this saimecha thing start :shock: i only remembered it after being told you favourited a video on youtube, then it looks like some voting (involving the zaku :s:) has already been happening :zomg:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 584

Agreed, not sure how one would mistake this for anything but an intentional effect on behalf of the studio. :s-smilie:
Reply 585
Original post by vin
we watched it in the lecture theatre at animoo so it was at highest volume and quite noticable over the speakers, some found it annoying and thought there was some kind of issue with the hardware :hmmm:

oh yeah
when did this saimecha thing start :shock: i only remembered it after being told you favourited a video on youtube, then it looks like some voting (involving the zaku :s:) has already been happening :zomg:

Original post by Aiko
Agreed, not sure how one would mistake this for anything but an intentional effect on behalf of the studio. :s-smilie:

Hmmm, I'd have thought that most would have presumed the white noise was deliberate given the technical slant of the plot & the general feel of the show......but then again not everyone over thinks things :giggle:

Ah! I meant to make a post about SaiMecha - been so busy lately I haven't really gotten to participate in the event much (missed the 1st round of voting myself). Should I make a thread maybe? More exposure would be good for the tournament, ghostlightning & Executive Otaku have put quite a lot of effort into it considering it was just born from a random Twitter conversation!
Reply 586
Hmmm, I'd have thought that most would have presumed the white noise was deliberate given the technical slant of the plot & the general feel of the show......but then again not everyone over thinks things :giggle:

I didn't even have to think about it, I automatically assumed it was part of the episode.

Ah! I meant to make a post about SaiMecha - been so busy lately I haven't really gotten to participate in the event much (missed the 1st round of voting myself). Should I make a thread maybe? More exposure would be good for the tournament, ghostlightning & Executive Otaku have put quite a lot of effort into it considering it was just born from a random Twitter conversation!

Yeah, I'd encourage making a thread. I'd definitely participate. :smile:
Reply 587

if you do then I have something to remind me since you havnt tweeted about it :hmmm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 588
Original post by Aiko
I didn't even have to think about it, I automatically assumed it was part of the episode.

Original post by vin
if you do then I have something to remind me since you havnt tweeted about it :hmmm:

Okay made a thread~! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1618262
Reply 589

Original post by Aiko

yyh :frown:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 590
Original post by Aiko

I thought it was added to maybe put people on edge/disorientate (I'm certain it made my head feel a bit funny) but I also thought there'd be no way I could sit through much more.

Luckily episodes 2 and 3 were free of it, and also peaked my interest.

Also because of your praise, and even a favourable reaction on ANN, I've decided to give infinite stratos a try. I really hope I've got the right one, I know there are a few shows with "infinite" out there :nyoron:
*honestly didn't notice any white noise in the first ep of Steins;Gate, but can't say that affected his enjoyment either way*

So I'm back after a hellish few days with very dodgy internet. As I posted before when it wasn't so bad, I was able to finish Kare Kano; since then I've also marathoned Mayoi Neko Overrun and Eat-Man (1997). The former was repetitive and lacking in character development, but was amusing (especially the parodies of other shows, notably Saki and JoJo's). The latter was a poorly paced and confusing mess, made worse by the fact that every episode had the potential to be amazing if it weren't so rushed. Seems DEEN's signature screwups are nothing new then. Good music though (OP by Kinniku Shojo Tai/Ohtsuki Kenji, BGM by Yuki Kajiura). I'll still be giving Eat-Man '98 a chance, since its apparently more of a remake than a sequel, this time with a coherent story since it actually follows the manga. But yeah, on the whole I'm beginning to worry about the quality of the series on my want to watch list since Creamy Mami is the only outright 'good' show I've picked from it in months. :hmmmm2:

I'm now faced with virtually a week worth of new episodes to catch up on (including my blog series Kaiji 2). Also the finale of Madoka Magica... not seeing that when it was new so I could discuss the ending with people sucked. :mad: I notice the final Queen's Blade OVA is out too. :coma: Last but by no means least, as my sister's hard drive blew up (tried fixing it, but unlike my old one it was irreparable) I was unable to pick up the Marineford arc of One Piece. Sourcing these newer episodes shouldn't be as difficult as the first few hundred, its more the time spent downloading that'll annoy me. :sigh:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 592
I think Im just gonna have to make a start on ZZ Gundam after im done with yyh which should be soon ...cant keep putting it off forever :s:
I think its so I can get to gundam unicorn and see who that red mecha belongs to :redface:

do want to watch this dubbed, looks hilarious XD
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 593
Original post by Truered
Also because of your praise, and even a favourable reaction on ANN, I've decided to give infinite stratos a try. I really hope I've got the right one, I know there are a few shows with "infinite" out there :nyoron:

I wouldn't go so far as to say I've praised this show, because it wouldn't warrant such an acknowledgment, but it was enjoyable. I actually wrote my final thoughts when it ended:

Original post by Aiko
So, after watching the last episode of my 'guilty pleasure', Infinite Stratos, it was a reasonably fun series to watch. There wasn't much depth to be had here, despite the underlying storyline regarding the IS that could have been explored more effectively than it was. Instead, much of the screen time comprised Ichika’s growing harem, which, while highly generic with cliche aplenty, was entertaining for those of us who are partial to this tried and test formula. Expectedly, there was no clear cut winner in the end for our protagonist's affection, but the "childhood friend" had a slight advantage. Personally, the chemistry Ichika and "Char" had made her my favourite. I suppose my only grimace was the fact that the animation, especially during the battle sequences, was never utilised as much as it could have been. The first and last episode were the only two that made use of it fully, but I suppose that's largely down to budgeting and capitalising on it at the right moments.

Would I re-watch this? Maybe. Would I reccommend it? Yes, if you're into the archetypical harem genre, but with an action/mecha musume twist. :smile:
Reply 594
Well not praise, so much as frequently saying it was a guilty pleasure :yes: :teehee:

Also I can remember reading that apparently the first DVD/blu ray(?) sold bucketloads on release in Japan (I think :mmm: )
Kuroneko was proper nasty in that 2nd Ore no Imouto OVA :unimpressed: :sad: Akagi :emog:

3rd OVA was just aww :h:
Reply 596
saw this on a blog talking about the old days of anime where they watched whatever they could get hold of on ....vhs :zomg:

is this what passed for advertising:no: it's like a really crap amv :s: I remember seeing something like this included as an extra in one of the first DVDs I bought and wasnt particularly impressed:no:
Managed to get hold of 15 or so eps of One Piece today; I've fallen behind on my goal of reaching 5 months of anime watched by the end of the holiday, so I've given myself another week. :o: One Piece is probably my best bet for getting back on track (easy to marathon, and I can skip the first 5-6 minutes or so because of the recap). :p: Also downloaded episodes 2-4 of Hana-Saku Iroha now I've picked that up. :yes:
Reply 598
Original post by Truered
Well not praise, so much as frequently saying it was a guilty pleasure :yes: :teehee:

Also I can remember reading that apparently the first DVD/blu ray(?) sold bucketloads on release in Japan (I think :mmm: )

It's hard to say whether you'll like the anime or not, given your, how can I say, surprisingly critical reaction to some of the other anime you've seen lately. :tongue:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Managed to get hold of 15 or so eps of One Piece today; I've fallen behind on my goal of reaching 5 months of anime watched by the end of the holiday, so I've given myself another week. :o: One Piece is probably my best bet for getting back on track (easy to marathon, and I can skip the first 5-6 minutes or so because of the recap). :p: Also downloaded episodes 2-4 of Hana-Saku Iroha now I've picked that up. :yes:

On a related note, Tony has declared that he's aiming to surpass you in episode count by the end of the summer. :giggle: :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
On a related note, Tony has declared that he's aiming to surpass you in episode count by the end of the summer. :giggle: :tongue:

*moves finishing Chi's Sweet Home up on his priorities list*

Latest