The Student Room Group

BBC's official tuition fees 2012

Information for the new tution fees from universities can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12880840

Looks like the majority so far have chosen the maximum cap as their fees which have been confirmed.

We all knew it was going to happen but still, it's a huge slap in the face.
Greed by the universities imho. However, it's certainly going to flush out those not particularly serious about going to Uni.
Reply 2
Especially as the ONLY reason for upping the fees is to balance the books after government cuts to funding university teaching.
London met up to £9000.

Lol.
Reply 4
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Oh wait. I'm 2011 entry.:cool:
Reply 5
Original post by dunnicare

Original post by dunnicare
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Oh wait. I'm 2011 entry.:cool:

2011 entries :five:
Reply 6
It's annoying when they say 'well off' students. Just because parents have some money doesn't mean the give it all to their children. They don't want to give it to them.
Reply 7
Reading is charging £9k? Lolz!
Reply 8
I fail to see the relevance of that 'University Group' column in a table about fees, but whatever.
Original post by D.R.E
I fail to see the relevance of that 'University Group' column in a table about fees, but whatever.

Same. I don't know why they put them on there. :dontknow:
I'm not suprised that UCL is on that list.
Original post by D.R.E

I think that as more universities reveal their fees plans for 2012 entry and beyond, you'll be able to see how Russell and 1994 Group Unis are charging more than Million+ unis, for example, as will probably happen.

However, that's not surprising since they generally represent some of the best and biggest universities in the UK and consequently one could/should expect them to charge more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending