The Student Room Group

Dropping out of a PGCE course Student Finance Question

Dear Student Finance Team,

Hope all is well.

I just started my 2nd university term on the 8th of January from my PGCE with QTS course. Due to the mandatory change in my placements I am now considering dropping out of the course as I am worked to the bone. My next tuition fee payment is on the 7th of February - if I drop out the week commencing 15th of January will I still be liable for this tuition fee payment i.e. will the 2nd tuition fee charge be processed by the uni and added to my SFE liability?

I am asking this, as if I am to be changed this money then I will have to stay until the end of term two, so that I could at least offset some of that liability with my teaching bursary. If I end up staying until the end of term 2, by when I should withdrawn from the course so I don't get charge for term 3? My 3rd term payment is scheduled for the 1st of May - does this mean that in order to avoid being charged the 3rd term fees I have to withdrawn by the Middle of April, or what does this mean as PGCE students we follow the school holidays so I am not sure what my official terms deadlines are - I am enrolled for the PGCE course at the University Warwick for the year 2023/2024 (my course started at the end of August) and I am placed at a school in Coventry. Hope this helps.

Thank you in advance for your help and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Emona
Hi Emona,

You would need to ask the university if they will be charging you for that period. When they send the withdrawal through to us, we can confirm if there has been any Maintenance Loan overpayment and what the university are also charging. If you have been overpaid any Maintenance Loan entitlement, this will be removed from any future entitlement should you return to study or if you do not return to study, you would set up an agreeable payment plan with our collections team.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending