The Student Room Group

Liesgang rings

Hey my advanced higher chemistry teacher is a bit useless and aftr being told that it would be a really good idea to investigate liesgang ring as we had lots of info on them at school he now cant find any of it. Doubt hes actually looked for it as he doesnt like me much and hes rather annoying anyway im now stuck doing my project on something I know nothing about and he wnt evn give me some othr guys project to have a look at. ALthough the other folk in my class have been given old projects to have a look at. Anyways that was a bit of a rant what im wondering is does anyone knoe anything about them coz basically iv to have a list of chemicals that i'll need handed in and im not finding much online.
coincidentally I had the same problem a few years ago - the info on internet is limited and generally talks about tree rings and mineralisation.

After much digging I did find some useful stuff and when I can remember where it is I'll send you it (i took Google desktop search off as it was eating up too much memory)

----------------------------------------------------------------

ok just found it - here's the link

Latest