The Student Room Group

Uni foundation year

I want to applied for a course, but it has a foundation year but now I got predicted
for a much higher grade and I wonder if I can remove the foundation year
Reply 1
I think you would need to compare your predicted grades with the entrance requirments for the degree course and then ring the Uni to see if they have places (and are willing) to transfer you.
However there's quite a lot missing from your post so its difficult to say. Have you had an offer for the Foundation course yet? Have you firmed the offer if you have?

Are the lower predicted grades used on your UCAS form? In which case, you'll need to wait until your actual A level results and then try to transfer.
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by Fayzon
I want to applied for a course, but it has a foundation year but now I got predicted
for a much higher grade and I wonder if I can remove the foundation year

Ring them up and ask them
It's quite unusual to have applied for a course before having been given your predicted grades. Or have your predicted grades changed somehow?
Reply 4
No I did not accept the offer but in year 12 I was pridected for business Btrc MM and for science M but now my teachers are predicting me at a DM for business and a D for applied science.
Reply 5
I don't think you can changed the predicted grades used on your UCAS application and I doubt the Universities will accept any evidence of improvement in grades until your results are in. So you will need to accept the offer and wait until then.
However before that, you can ring them and ask if it is possible to drop the foundation year, in the event the results are better. And then get onto them on results day when the results are in.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 6
Oh ok thank you
Reply 7
Like the people above say
You need to wait until results day to fully know if you can move onto 1st year because of the grades but on results day some people will miss out and see if they can do a foundation year and the other way round so it isn't impossible but don't expect it
(edited 12 months ago)
There's no need to wait until results day.

Ring them today and ask if it's possible to switch and if so what the process is and when it would happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending