The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
thomasjtl
cos you have to dig around to find it...
oxford student

Exeter appears in His Dark Materials.

Somehow, I feel that any attempts to persuade them will go unheeded. Especially given the diffi culty you’d have getting them to talk to someone outside college. There are enough dull people in the world already. Turl Street doesn’t need to provide three colleges full of them.

The façades of the buildings are lovely, but surely the insides could be put to better use; homeless shelters, a war veterans club, centres to aid failed Union hacks gain some perspective? Why not kill two birds with one stone by letting the residents provide some entertainment whilst simultaneously culling a few? I propose a fi ght to the death between the three colleges.

I think we should boycott the oxford student, and only read the cherwell!

//look at us- we're not even there yet and we've already formed a powerful political alliance, allied ourselves with wadham, boycotted a newspaper, and reinforced the ongoing battle between lincoln and brasenose! Let's hope we meet our offers then...

mad! :mad: Who is this person... find his college and burn it down...not to say the dude can't type... there is usually not space between fi-ght
Reply 161
chocolatecheese
rrrr i dunno...i think an alliance with Exeter would be the right move....3 colleges are better than 2! :biggrin:

yes together we will smash those fools at OXfordStu! And we are armed with the holiness of our chaple and an unlimited supply of holy water!
Reply 162
:rolleyes: C'mon now, let's not get personal about colleges....

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus! (that's not supposed to be a religious chant...) or if you prefer Turl Street, Turl Street, Turl Street!
Reply 163
yes... chant Turl street n we will give you a share of our holiness to backup your supposed "jesus" :biggrin:
Reply 164
Gee thanks...if it was 'our' Jesus I don't think we would really need too much holy water to back him up...
Reply 165
Emma Norris, JCR President at Somerville, views such college warfare as "exactly the sort of wanky rubbish that gives Oxford a bad name"

also - the decemberists? when? dammit...
Reply 166
I was thinking of applying to Jesus simply for its name :rolleyes:
i'm sorry- since when did oxford have a bad name?
Reply 168
RxB
also - the decemberists? when? dammit...

Sorry I misremembered - Laura Veirs was the other gig down Cowley (at the Zodiac) - I saw The Decemberists at ULU in London. It was beyond a shadow of a doubt the best gig I've ever been to! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Have you heard Picaresque?
Reply 169
Wadham shall join whoever decides to go against New College!
Reply 170
lol... I thought New was against everyone though... Teddy hall, Wadham, Herford, Magdalen (but everyone seems to be against them... it's hard to be pretty...:biggrin:)

http://www.newtpaper.com/Archives/050503issue12/article.php?no=07

(but they have quite a funny college paper... have to give them that :biggrin: )
Reply 171
Traum
lol... I thought New was against everyone though... Teddy hall, Wadham, Herford, Magdalen (but everyone seems to be against them... it's hard to be pretty...:biggrin:)

http://www.newtpaper.com/Archives/050503issue12/article.php?no=07

(but they have quite a funny college paper... have to give them that :biggrin: )

Doesn't Wadham and New have a long time feud?
Reply 172
yeh... but it's always New vs Someone... :biggrin:

So far i've gathered a few long time rivaries:

Lincoln vs brasenose

Queen vs Teddy hall

Pembroke vs Christ Church (Pink cow accident...:toofunny: )

Balliol vs Trinity (Still wanna know how the anti-trinity song go...)

Exeter vs Jesus+Lincoln (no wonder the Jesus porters left us side in the rain... we never! We can understand that you guys are jealous of our brilliant garden and view, afterall we understand how hard it is to be beautiful, but someones gotta do it...and teaming up is just low!) :p:

CHCH vs CC

The Northern Alliance Vs Magdalen

hmm...where is the love :rolleyes:
Reply 173
St. Peter's just gets on with everyone :rolleyes:
Name: edmundwillis
College: Corpus Christi
Course: PPE

:biggrin:
Reply 175
RichE
When are noobs gonna work out that Cowley is the coolest bit of Oxford - best pubs, music, curries... I saw the Decemberists and Stephen Fretwell down there this summer. It sometimes feels like it's the only bit of Oxford with any life to it.

EDIT: this is no doubt an OTT response to the above quote :rolleyes: but has been building up ever since Fleur (I think) said she was too scared to go down Cowley. :eek: :confused:

I never said it wasn't cool :p: , just far away for me at least :smile: . The Zodiac is a fantastic venue :biggrin: .
Reply 176
Up the Nose.

That is all.

(Actually, I also want to say I don't agree with that quote from Emma Norris posted above. It's just a bit of "fun". I know a couple of Lincolnites - and they do have a nice bar...)
Reply 177
Casey
The Zodiac is a fantastic venue :biggrin: .

You seen anyone good there? (Or have favourite nights there?)

Fretwell was awesome :smile: but this Danish couple supporting and singing something I can only describe as vibrato-country-with-too-many-teeth, made for one of the most excruciating half-hours of my life. :eek: :mad:
edmundwillis
Name: edmundwillis
College: Corpus Christi
Course: PPE

:biggrin:
OMG EDMUND!!!! WELL DONE!!!! See you next year :biggrin: With H&E as your JCR Pres... :wink:
Reply 179
Anyone gonna update the thread?

Latest

Trending

Trending