The Student Room Group

Oxford pat

I'm going to take the Oxford pat this October to apply for physphil, but I'm a but unsure on how to approach studying for it. Does anyone have any tips, especially for guide books, online courses as such? Is tutoring necessary?

I'm taking maths ai in in, and while I find it easy I'm afraid I'm a bit disadvantaged in terms of maths skills so I'm starting early.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm going to take the Oxford pat this October to apply for physphil, but I'm a but unsure on how to approach studying for it. Does anyone have any tips, especially for guide books, online courses as such? Is tutoring necessary?

I'm taking maths ai in in, and while I find it easy I'm afraid I'm a bit disadvantaged in terms of maths skills so I'm starting early.
It is best to get familiar with the format of the PAT tests:

PAT past papers | University of Oxford Department of Physics

Do them all, and repeat the questions you don't understand.

Also, know your A-Level Maths, Further Maths and Physics inside out. As it will be tested in the PAT.

PAT Past Paper Worked Solutions: Detailed Step-By-Step Explanations for over 250 Questions, Includes all Past Past Papers 2006 - 2017, Physics Aptitude Test, UniAdmissions: Amazon.co.uk: Putra, Samuel, Agarwal, Dr Rohan, UniAdmissions: 9781912557363: Books
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by thegeek888
It is best to get familiar with the format of the PAT tests:

PAT past papers | University of Oxford Department of Physics

Do them all, and repeat the questions you don't understand.

Also, know your A-Level Maths, Further Maths and Physics inside out. As it will be tested in the PAT.

PAT Past Paper Worked Solutions: Detailed Step-By-Step Explanations for over 250 Questions, Includes all Past Past Papers 2006 - 2017, Physics Aptitude Test, UniAdmissions: Amazon.co.uk: Putra, Samuel, Agarwal, Dr Rohan, UniAdmissions: 9781912557363: Books
Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending