The Student Room Group

Birmingham City, UWE or Oxford Brookes

Hey, everyone. I applied to BCU, UWE and OBU to study a Computing-related course and have received offers from all.
However, I am yet to pick a firm choice. Which would be recommended as a better choice with regards to student job opportunities, career prospects, etc.?

I really do need advice.
Hi @Frost_winter , I am a current second year student and a student ambassador at Birmingham City University I would love for you to choose BCU as your university as it does have many great placement opportunities as well as being a great helpful and supportive community. I study computer networks and security and can say that there is a lot of opportunities the University offers such as summer placements through the careers team and a lot of certifications for free when normally you have to pay to do them. Whilst BCU is a great university, before accepting your offer via UCAS, I would recommend going to some taster days at both Universities these allow you to get a feel of what study is like, from this you can then decide where you think you will thrive.Hope this helps!
Gurpej(Student Rep)
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Oxford Brookes - Uni has good reputation for technology subjects, good student support, and its in Oxford, so social life etc is excellent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending