The Student Room Group

AQA Mathematics Module 5 Paper 2H (Calc) Unofficial Answers (10/06/2011)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by RedUnited

Wouldn't that still be length because it would be l x pi + some other l x pi, which is just two lengths added together.

I think RedUnited is correct. In the calmness outside the exam room, I think it should have been length. Unfortunately, I put area as well - oops!

Can anyone remember how many marks the question was worth?
Original post by llmcc
last year the grade boundary for an a* for 107/140 - so you could still get it :smile:

Ah, this makes me feel much better, need to rep. you when I get more :tongue:
Reply 22
Original post by Oldie
I think RedUnited is correct. In the calmness outside the exam room, I think it should have been length. Unfortunately, I put area as well - oops!

Yey, I think it was only a mark. I was so close to putting area but then I remembered on mathswatch this exact question came up and they said it was a length.
Original post by Oldie

It was 3 marks - 1 per tick.

What did everybody get for the rearranging of the trapezium equation?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
i got something like 2A/h + a = b
And the one asking to find the value of cos x between 180-360 when y=-0.5 is cos 240

Glad i only got the drawing of the sin graph wrong and forgot to divide my 5 by 2 for the first question so i'm down to at least 66 now :frown:
answer for the question asking to make b the subject of A=1/2(a+b)h is b= (A/h)/0.5 and the answer - a
Reply 27
Original post by Intoxic8

think i got that as well!:smile:
Reply 28
what did u guys get for the question 1/3x+4=1/2?
Reply 29
Wouldn't that still be length because it would be l x pi + some other l x pi, which is just two lengths added together.

You're right, sorry that's my mistake.

First post duly changed.
Reply 30
Original post by Intoxic8

-a, not +a.

You probably wrote that though and remembered it wrong. If you checked your answer (with the numbers from part a) it would have been obvious.
Reply 31
2A/h - a = b was the answer I think ,sorry my mistake earlier
Reply 32
Original post by cathyds
what did u guys get for the question 1/3x+4=1/2?

I don't remember, but:

(1/3)x - 4 = 1/2
== x/3 = 9/2
== x = 27/2
== x = 13.5

And now, I do remember writing that! By the way, as I've written, it was -4 and not +4 as you stated.
Reply 33
If anyone is a beast at remembering question numbers, I can get the first post looking more organised.

Lots of questions with answers there now, if you can remember more questions - keep them coming!
Reply 34
sorry for that mistake, i think i didnt write the answer in the answer line! im sooo stupid
Reply 35
Original post by FO12DY
I don't remember, but:

(1/3)x - 4 = 1/2
== x/3 = 9/2
== x = 27/2
== x = 13.5

And now, I do remember writing that! By the way, as I've written, it was -4 and not +4 as you stated.

Im sure it was +4 as I checked my answers rigorously, I got the answer to be -10.5=x
Also, on the rearranging question (2A-ha)/h is also correct
Original post by FO12DY
Find paper 1H (non-calc) unofficial mark scheme here.

b)
Q: Find a value of x where cos(x) = -0.5
A: 120

^part b may have been the reverse, I don't remember! Answer was either -0.5 or 120, where the other was given.

(See method here.)

Part b is wrong because the question was between 180. and 360. find the values equal to ...

It was 240 I think.

I thought the paper went alright but I screwed up the last question worth 6 marks :frown: I might get 1 or 2 working marks, hopefully I'll still get my A*
Reply 37
what about the very last question????
Reply 38
Original post by mastadon
Im sure it was +4 as I checked my answers rigorously, I got the answer to be -10.5=x

Perhaps.

If others think it was +4 too, I'll change it.

Correct, but not complete. You've left h on the top and bottom.

If you then do (-ha)/h you get -a, hence my:

-a + (2A)/h on the first post.

You may well get the mark, but for the sake of an (albeit unofficial) mark scheme, I'll leave it in its most complete form.
Original post by mastadon

I got the same as you x=-10.5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending