The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tallguitarist
i think the hardest question on that paper was by far the shares question..

I stared at the question for like 30 seconds going WTF is this? Then I realised the question was just a long way of saying you should put change/old x 100 to get percentage.

So I wrote step 1 down quickly since I knew what to do, then when I went to step two I was like WTF this won't simplify to what they want me to get. Staring at my working out for a minute or more only to realise I forgot to x100. =P.

By the way... It was 11.8 right?
Reply 21
I got root 50 x root 6 but I worked it out trough cancelling down the other surd into 10root3 and then trail and error, will I get the marks?
Reply 22
Also did anyone get 21 for the area one :/
Reply 23
Original post by Summer222

Which question was that? O.O.
what do you think the grade boundaries will be because all my year found it easy ? :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by georgiagkenyon
what do you think the grade boundaries will be because all my year found it easy ? :smile:

You must have a genius year group if all your year found it easy. Anyways 85% is a safe assumption for A* and lets say 6x% for an A.
Reply 26
I got root 50 x root 6 but I worked it out trough cancelling down the other surd into 10root3 and then trail and error, will I get the marks?

I got 5x root2 x root 6, as you had to express K as a surd :/
Reply 27
Original post by Stokesyb
I got 5x root2 x root 6, as you had to express K as a surd :/

root50 and 5root2 are both surds. The question didn't say simplify k fully (if i remember correctly) so both root50 and 5root2 should be fine.

You mean the ticket one?
Original post by BananaPie

You must have a genius year group if all your year found it easy. Anyways 85% is a safe assumption for A* and lets say 6x% for an A.

we r taking it early, but do you not think it'll be higher because the paper was wayyyyy easier than the first (that was awful)
Reply 30
Which question was that? O.O.

It was the ticket question where the area and length of the smaller one was 2 and 7, and the length of the larger one was 6 and you had to work out the area :/ did anyone else get 21 for this?
What did you guys get for the last question, about vectors and stuff?
I got 4...
I did so much working I needed to use a whole page of extra working paper. :biggrin:
Reply 32
The badman way to workout shares:
in a normal question, to find percent of something you do
percent(the original value/100)
eg. 5% of 20 = 5(20/100) =1

THEREFORE:
(600-5x) - 50x =x(50x/100)
600-45x=x/1 * 50x/100
600-45x=50x^2/100
60000-4500x=50x^2
divide everything by 50
1200-90x=x^2
x^2+90x-1200 (what they gave)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
root50 and 5root2 are both surds. The question didn't say simplify k fully (if i remember correctly) so both root50 and 5root2 should be fine.

My bad, i didn't see that they said root ^_^
Reply 34
It was the ticket question where the area and length of the smaller one was 2 and 7, and the length of the larger one was 6 and you had to work out the area :/ did anyone else get 21 for this?

no because the length sscale factor = 3

and so the area scale factor =9

7x9 = 63
Reply 35
:smile: basically

upper and lower bound - 37.5 and 36.5
surds - 5 root 2 or square root of 50
with gf (a) = 3 , a = 4
the last vectors question was 4 (you just work out the value of each vector and divide the bigger by the smaller, it could also be done by similar triangles)
area of trapezium was simple pythag

but someone please explain to me that x% thing
Please write out formula because spent 30-40 mins on it and couldn't do it.

Oh and by the way... with the questions following this x% thing you had to solve the equation - did you have to give both values or just the positive - I gave both because I'm sure they wern't connected

Could someone please please please who has the paper, please post it with answers so people can see what they have.

Lastly, what do you think boundaries would be?
what did everyone get for the last question?! was it 4? because i wrote that first and then changed it to 1/4 -.-
Reply 37

I got 21, but I don't think it's correct. It seemed too easy, but maybe I'm over-thinking it.
oh and grade boundaries? because in june and november 2010, they were like 79% for a*..
Reply 39
Original post by helphelphelphelp
what did everyone get for the last question?! was it 4? because i wrote that first and then changed it to 1/4 -.-

I think I had -4.

Latest

Trending

Trending