The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by the-chosen-one
What did you get for the area of the trapezium? How did you do it? I got really stuck :s-smilie:

I used the formula at the front? Anyone else do that? :s
Reply 61
Original post by OneStepCloser
Anyone knows when solutions for 4H will be posted?

Someone posted answers earlier in the thread but personally I can't remember my answers without looking at the questions. I'm waiting for someone to post the actual paper like the 3H one. :/
Reply 62
Original post by grase123
I used the formula at the front? Anyone else do that? :s

I didn't even think about that, did you get 35cm^2 though?
Yes, I think 2.5 is right.
Original post by maramore
Hopefully! What did you get? I didn't even look at the formula sheet xD

Err, I don't remember the exact figure, just that I used the formula sheet. I had a feeling it was wrong though :tongue: it seemed too easy. Ah, well :rolleyes:
How did you find it overall?
Reply 65
For the trapezium i just added the two lengths together to get 14, then divide by 2 to get 7, making it a square, then multiply it by the vertical length
Reply 66
Yeah k=4. If you got all the working, you might get some of the marks
No a=4. If you put it into your calculator, you'll see that it works :smile:

Yeah I seem to remember my Maths teacher saying it was 4 afterwards actually.
Reply 67

Yes, I had a=4 and checked it on my calculator.
Original post by master y
I changed it to 1/4!!! Apparently its just 4 though . I got all the working out right though. :rolleyes:
This paper was extremely ewasy. What did you get for the gf(a) = 3??? i got 2.5...

gf(a) = 3

annswer was 4
Someone posted answers earlier in the thread but personally I can't remember my answers without looking at the questions. I'm waiting for someone to post the actual paper like the 3H one. :/

I was told that they would be in the morning but its 11:53 and I still dont see any:confused:
Reply 70
Err, I don't remember the exact figure, just that I used the formula sheet. I had a feeling it was wrong though :tongue: it seemed too easy. Ah, well :rolleyes:
How did you find it overall?

Ah okay, who knows, you might have gotten the same answer?

Overall I was really happy, happier than with the 3H and I was pretty happy on that one too :P there weren't as many tricky questions on this one, which maybe means the grade boundaries will be higher but.. hopefully I haven't made too many silly mistakes, since I usually realise afterwards and I haven't remembered any yet. It was a horrible moment when I remembered that the 3H probability question said 'without replacement' ><

How about you, how did you find it?
Anyone know when the same guy who did the answers for 3H, will post them for this paper? Or anyone else who has a copy of the paper?
What did you get for the area of the trapezium? How did you do it? I got really stuck :s-smilie:

(to the tune of pop goes the weasel)

half the sum of the parallel sides
times the distance between them
that is how you calculate
the area of trapeziums

ps the formula for the area was on the formula sheet xx
Reply 73

Are you sure...? cox didnt you have to do..

{(2/3) + 1} divided by 2/3?? which is 2.5 methinks.. :s-smilie:
Reply 74
Are you sure...? cox didnt you have to do..

{(2/3) + 1} divided by 2/3?? which is 2.5 methinks.. :s-smilie:

That's what I did, but that would've been the answer if the question was gf(x)=3, not gf(a)=3 :frown:
Reply 75
That's what I did, but that would've been the answer if the question was gf(x)=3, not gf(a)=3 :frown:

Ohh ok thanks, oh well thats 3 marks gone down the drain then!
Reply 76
Give the guy some time to post them.... its a Saturday morning, i somehow doubt posting maths answers on the internet is at the top of his priority list. Have some ****ing patience.
Reply 77
Ohh ok thanks, oh well thats 3 marks gone down the drain then!

The annoying thing is that I noticed that it said a, not x, and yet my brain chose not to process that information and I thought, I got an answer, I'll just write it down and forget about it >< I had at least 45 mins at the end too, which I spent checking all my answers, instead of working this one out properly :/
Reply 78
Original post by sunil6
and yh i got 5root2 x root6, but what working did you show?

Yeah i got the same answer. I guess it is right, but the question was worth only 3marks. It should have been worth so much more.
Reply 79
Original post by 101101
Give the guy some time to post them.... its a Saturday morning, i somehow doubt posting maths answers on the internet is at the top of his priority list. Have some ****ing patience.

Haha yeah I guess not everyone's as eager as we are, wanting to discuss Maths first thing on a Saturday morning.

Latest

Trending

Trending